First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
Anyone else notice this or is it just me? And im not sure I like it if its a real thing
Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I just walked out and checked. Mine locks no problem with the gate down (accidentally drove off the other day with the gate down even)

Are you sure your keys weren't so close to the vehicle that the proximity sensor allowed it to unlock? I had to throw my keys in the house to verify it fully locked.

OP
OP
deadbug

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
I just walked out and checked. Mine locks no problem with the gate down (accidentally drove off the other day with the gate down even)

Are you sure your keys weren't so close to the vehicle that the proximity sensor allowed it to unlock? I had to throw my keys in the house to verify it fully locked.
Im going to double check right now

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Mine locks with the Tailgate down as well. Either from the key or using the proximity button.

OP
OP
deadbug

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrician
Mine locks with the Tailgate down as well. Either from the key or using the proximity button.
yup, I just tried it again and they do lock, seems odd cause I swear they wouldn't lock earlier today when I tried

Sponsored

88mmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland, 911 TT
While were discussing the tailgate. Does it have a sensor for the proximity key? IE should it be unlocking when I grab the tailgate handle?

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
While were discussing the tailgate. Does it have a sensor for the proximity key? IE should it be unlocking when I grab the tailgate handle?
NO! and it ticks me off every time I have to dig in my pocket for that hog of a key fob to unlock and then lock when I am done.

Reactions: DHP

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
NO! and it ticks me off every time I have to dig in my pocket for that hog of a key fob to unlock and then lock when I am done.
You could always just use the door locks on the door. I'm sitting here wishing I had proximity door handles.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
You could always just use the door locks on the door. I'm sitting here wishing I had proximity door handles.
While it's only a few steps when you are carrying 50+ pounds of tools, laptop, etc walking up to the front of the truck between other vehicles is just a pain in the ass. Yes I am spoiled and yes just two wranglers ago I had manual locks and manual windows but for 54k they could have worked out one more proximity sensor since they went the extra mile for the electronic lock on the tailgate (which was a big surprise for me to be honest). I also have a hard folding cover so yes "I want it all" because I love everything being secured and covered whenever I lock the doors but it would be excellent if the technology was extended to the "fifth door"

Sponsored

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
While it's only a few steps when you are carrying 50+ pounds of tools, laptop, etc walking up to the front of the truck between other vehicles is just a pain in the ass. Yes I am spoiled and yes just two wranglers ago I had manual locks and manual windows but for 54k they could have worked out one more proximity sensor since they went the extra mile for the electronic lock on the tailgate (which was a big surprise for me to be honest). I also have a hard folding cover so yes "I want it all" because I love everything being secured and covered whenever I lock the doors but it would be excellent if the technology was extended to the "fifth door"
It's jeeps evil collaboration with your fitbit making you get your steps in.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I currently don’t have time to search about it, but would it be possible to add an aftermarket module to the tailgate if we already have the keyless proximity system installed?

And pushing it even more: would it be possible to add an aftermarket solution to trigger the alarm if the hood is opened while the doors are locked? Same thing with someone forcing the weekend warrior opening of the tonneau cover?

Am I paranoid?!?

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
And pushing it even more: would it be possible to add an aftermarket solution to trigger the alarm if the hood is opened while the doors are locked? Same thing with someone forcing the weekend warrior opening of the tonneau cover?
I'm sure you could install a magnetic or plunger contact switch. I installed an aftermarket (Alpine) alarm in my '68 Mustang because the hood could be opened without a hood release inside. Much of the value of the car was under the hood!

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure you could install a magnetic or plunger contact switch. I installed an aftermarket (Alpine) alarm in my '68 Mustang because the hood could be opened without a hood release inside. Much of the value of the car was under the hood!
I think there’s already plungers or something like this for the hood but not the tonneau cover. It would need additional parts for the bed, but does it have a program already available for the hood?
Sponsored