Sponsored

(Doug DeMuro Review) Here's Why the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Is the Hottest New Truck

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I generally like Doug's reviews and this one is not an exception. However he should have taken it off road.

Of note, he really gives a beat down on people complaining about the price. He compared the Gladiator to vehicle that were similarly equipped. He give the Gladiator a better value score than all competitive trucks with the exception of the Raptor, which scores higher overall.

I also didn't know about the Air down feature on the uConnect. That's damn useful.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I generally like Doug's reviews and this one is not an exception. However he should have taken it off road.

Of note, he really gives a beat down on people complaining about the price. He compared the Gladiator to vehicle that were similarly equipped. He give the Gladiator a better value score than all competitive trucks with the exception of the Raptor, which scores higher overall.

I also didn't know about the Air down feature on the uConnect. That's damn useful.
i'll need to watch this. Air down feature on the uConnect sounds nice.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
yea, you basically tell the uConnect what pressure you want to air down to. Then, it will signal you when you've deflated to that pressure. You don't have to check it with an air guage.

How long before we just push a button and it actually airs down the tires all by itself.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Steffen, definitely watch this one. He spends some time showing how the tonneau cover won’t open without opening the tailgate. I felt this video was well done.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Steffen, definitely watch this one. He spends some time showing how the tonneau cover won’t open without opening the tailgate. I felt this video was well done.
THAT'S JUST WHAT I NEED, lol
Thanks for looking out for me. Its on my list of to-watch videos! think i'll watch this next.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yea, you basically tell the uConnect what pressure you want to air down to. Then, it will signal you when you've deflated to that pressure. You don't have to check it with an air guage.

How long before we just push a button and it actually airs down the tires all by itself.
don't Hummers air down and air up automatically?

What do jeepers do in the wild after they air down? How do they air up? What compressors do they use?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DOUG IS THE MAN!!!!

AT 8:55 he debunks my concern of "weekend thieves" stealing my menards non-plywood items, afterall true 4x8 sheets won't fit with tailgate up.

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
does the rubicon have disconnecting front and rear sway bars, or just front?
disconnecting the rear is not necessary. there was a YouTube video on this somewhere. basically said it provided no benefit for the additional effort... on the JLUR anyway.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
His review is good, but the scoring system is a complete waste of time. If the jeep wrangler or gladiator scored 10's in every category, it would no longer be so capable off road, which is the primary purpose of the vehicle, and would cost a fortune. His scoring method doesn't work for either of these vehicles, unless you compare them to older models of themselves, as there is nothing to compare these vehicles to, they are a class of their own. JL vs JK, JT vs the comanche (mid-size truck), JK vs TJ, etc..

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
He could have said, "The Gladiator is the hottest new truck, because it's the only new truck" and the video could have ended. Lol.

No, seriously though the Tacoma is on a 14 year old platform, the Ranger is on an 8 year old platform, the Frontier is on a 14 year old platform, and the Colorado/Canyon are GM products which is even worse. When you consider all of that, the Gladiator really IS the only new truck, and therefore the hot new thing.

Still, paying more for a midsize than you would for a fullsize from the same company is a tough pill to swallow.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
His review is good, but the scoring system is a complete waste of time. .
I typically like his video reviews. This one was just eh.
But I am glad someone else brought this up. The scoring is meaningless, really. I heard there were some quality issues with the JL, so the JT gets a 6. I really like the X category, so I give it a 6. WTF? As said, he does give insight into some cool features though.
Sponsored