Sponsored

Draft through Glove box

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Finally getting some cooler weather here and I noticed there seems to be a draft coming into the cabin from the glove box, anyone else notice this?

The heater can overcome it and it's only really noticeable for front passengers, but it seemed odd.
Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Check the cabin filter behind the glove box.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, my wife picked up on this 2 weeks ago on a 8 day road trip. I will check out my filter too.

Sponsored

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
My wife noticed this the other day as well. Only did this for a few minutes. I checked the filter behind the glove box and it’s there. Why would there all of a sudden be a draft?

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
There are long threads about this on the JL forum. Long story short, every so often the system decides you need some fresh air and a door behind the cabin air filter partially opens to mix in some outside air. It seems this air was planed to be conditioned (cooled or heated) before it comes into the cabin, but it just rushes over the filter and comes pouring into the cabin as your driving down the road. Good news is yours isn’t broken. It seems to operate as designed, however poorly.

OP
OP
ATLalien

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
There are long threads about this on the JL forum. Long story short, every so often the system decides you need some fresh air and a door behind the cabin air filter partially opens to mix in some outside air. It seems this air was planed to be conditioned (cooled or heated) before it comes into the cabin, but it just rushes over the filter and comes pouring into the cabin as your driving down the road. Good news is yours isn’t broken. It seems to operate as designed, however poorly.
Good info thanks! I had not actually done anything about this yet, but had noticed that it does not occur all of the time. Seems that it may be happening mostly when the HVAC system is in "auto" mode. Haven't really tested this out, but it could make sense that the vehicle may be trying to bring down the temp when it thinks it's too warm
Sponsored