First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport; 2011 & 2012 Unlimited Jeeps
Occupation
Govt
Although I've only had my Gladiator for 4 weeks now, I've noticed that I am getting cold air coming up from my floor, while the Heat is on High (Midwest Snowstorm; negative wind chill).

I also have a 2011 Jeep Sahara Unlimited that has the same issue. In the summer, I get hot air coming up and heating up my calves. Make wife unhappy too, so I got to get this addressed soon.

I inquired at the dealership service places and they mentioned the drain holes may need to be plugged. They said while the plug part is cheap ($8-$10) each, having them installed can get expensive, depending on labor.

Open to any suggestions for either jeep; Gladiator and/or Sahara.

Thx in advance
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Installing a rubber grommet is one of the simplest tasks you can do. That is, provided you know where the holes are.

JLs have a drain plug right under the front floor mats. Thatā€™s the first place Iā€™d check.

If your 2020 JL is missing the front drain hole plug, and you didnā€™t remove it, chances are it came missing from the factory. In which case, Iā€™d be telling the dealer to plug it.

Good luck.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Order a set of drain plugs on Amazon for about 20 bucks. Pop in plugs, takes all of less than five minutes. No reason at all to take to dealer.

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
Installing a rubber grommet is one of the simplest tasks you can do. That is, provided you know where the holes are.

JLs have a drain plug right under the front floor mats. Thatā€™s the first place Iā€™d check.

Good luck.
I've been told the 4-dr jeeps have mu
Order a set of drain plugs on Amazon for about 20 bucks. Pop in plugs, takes all of less than five minutes. No reason at all to take to dealer.
Thanks..

Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Took me an afternoon, but I ran soundproofing and insulation over the entire floor of the Jeep. Huge improvement in terms of quietness and temperature control. Cost about $200 in material and 4-5 hours of time.

SFLJEEPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ, 2015 JK, 2015 JKU, 2021 JT
Took me an afternoon, but I ran soundproofing and insulation over the entire floor of the Jeep. Huge improvement in terms of quietness and temperature control. Cost about $200 in material and 4-5 hours of tim
I am interested in what you used for the soundproofing and insulation. If you have a link to it, that would be great. This is something I have been wanting to do.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Took me an afternoon, but I ran soundproofing and insulation over the entire floor of the Jeep. Huge improvement in terms of quietness and temperature control. Cost about $200 in material and 4-5 hours of time.
What soundproofing did you choose? Was it a padding, gluable mat or a wet/dry substance?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Although I've only had my Gladiator for 4 weeks now, I've noticed that I am getting cold air coming up from my floor, while the Heat is on High (Midwest Snowstorm; negative wind chill).

I also have a 2011 Jeep Sahara Unlimited that has the same issue. In the summer, I get hot air coming up and heating up my calves. Make wife unhappy too, so I got to get this addressed soon.

I inquired at the dealership service places and they mentioned the drain holes may need to be plugged. They said while the plug part is cheap ($8-$10) each, having them installed can get expensive, depending on labor.

Open to any suggestions for either jeep; Gladiator and/or Sahara.

Thx in advance
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/heater-ac-blowing-hot-air-at-60-or-higher.23978/

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Doesn't your carpeting cover the drain hole? There are stock factory plugs that are supposed to be there. If they're missing, the dealer needs to replace them.

Otherwise get a set for $20 off Amazon and call it a day.

They are not that hard to install. It's literally putting a plastic plug in q hole but if you really need help, I'll do it for half what the dealer was going to charge you.

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
I didn't think stock Gladiators were that noisey? Maybe my hearing is going. lol.
I bought my gladiator used and it came with after market dual exhausts; each side has a 2 barrel extension on it. Very loud; sounds like a Mustang GT and having it removed. At my age, 52, I don't need the extra attention and noise. BTW - I also have a hardtop.
Sponsored