Driver seat adjustment

LimoEZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I have the driver seat all the way aft and my feet are able to operate pedals , however, my right knee is in contact with the 4wd shifter, I think getting more rearward travel in the seat might help. Appreciate any input,
Sponsored

OP
OP

LimoEZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I might have discovered a solution. I went to the JL site and looked for the same scenario. Someone came up with a web site extendmyseat.com that has brackets for the JL. Does the JT have the same seats and floor pan as the JL? If so it is a bolt in. Thanks for any input.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I think I might have discovered a solution. I went to the JL site and looked for the same scenario. Someone came up with a web site extendmyseat.com that has brackets for the JL. Does the JT have the same seats and floor pan as the JL? If so it is a bolt in. Thanks for any input.
The rear, no. The front, maybe.

OP
OP

LimoEZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Extend My Seat plate and they solved my issue with the transfer case shifter hitting my leg. The JL units definitely fit the Gladiator. The hardest part was busting the torx head screws that hold the seat tracks down. They put some thing on the threads. Made sure the battery was disconnected prior to removing the seat as there are airbags in the seat. You have to trim some of the plastic next to the outboard rail. I found the units to be well made and good hardware.

I also had the bed done with spray in Rhino line,

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Im thinking this won't be a problem with us normal size people under 6 feet tall....

Reactions: JP1

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Im thinking this won't be a problem with us normal size people under 6 feet tall....
I'm with you, this is a 1st world problem, here's why

They're already in it.
Hell, they better get steps made right fast so I can climb my 5'4" fat ass into the damn thing... :LOL:

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I'm with you, this is a 1st world problem, here's why

They're already in it.
Hell, they better get steps made right fast so I can climb my 5'4" fat ass into the damn thing... :LOL:
OMG....LMFAO

Reactions: JP1

kosmos

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
What size Torx is that to remove/loosen the front seats with?

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yep 1 world problem... 99% of the vehicles I've used or been in have that problem. One thing that I always had a problem with in my MJ and on.... To dang short of leg room, that was the reason I almost got a Renagade 2-3 years back. I could sit down with out running out of leg room or banging my head getting in or out. My dang "work vehicle" is worse, I have worn spots on side of my leg from it... But not as bad as the back seat is .;)
JP1 you would catch h%%% with my XJ. :)

rubi14

First Name
frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ-7 Laredo, 1982 CJ-7 "The Texan", 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
shop owner
I have the driver seat all the way aft and my feet are able to operate pedals , however, my right knee is in contact with the 4wd shifter, I think getting more rearward travel in the seat might help. Appreciate any input,
I did that on my JL and while it moved the seat back to prevent my knee from hitting the lever, my head hit the soundbar, so on my Gladiator, I am looking to move the lever a couple of inches inward toward the transmission lever.
Sponsored