Sponsored

Driver side O-Shit handle?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
"Even if you're not interested in the Tacoma's or Gladiator's off-road-focused trim levels, it still takes a big step up to get into their cabs. The Gladiator Overland on the show floor did have running boards, but they're so close to the doorsills that they don't appreciably lower the step-in height, but they also won't likely be ripped off if you decide to venture off-road. What puts the Gladiator ahead is its driver-side grab handle on the windshield pillar. The Tacoma doesn't have one, and it helps make climbing into the Jeep easier."

https://www.cars.com/articles/auto-...-tacoma-vs-2020-jeep-gladiator-1420757330304/

The driver side has an O-shit handle? Anybody have a photo? Is this standard on JL?
Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
"Even if you're not interested in the Tacoma's or Gladiator's off-road-focused trim levels, it still takes a big step up to get into their cabs. The Gladiator Overland on the show floor did have running boards, but they're so close to the doorsills that they don't appreciably lower the step-in height, but they also won't likely be ripped off if you decide to venture off-road. What puts the Gladiator ahead is its driver-side grab handle on the windshield pillar. The Tacoma doesn't have one, and it helps make climbing into the Jeep easier."

https://www.cars.com/articles/auto-...-tacoma-vs-2020-jeep-gladiator-1420757330304/

The driver side has an O-shit handle? Anybody have a photo? Is this standard on JL?
Use the Jeep website 360 view of the interior and you will see the handles on both the driver and passenger side A pillars.

RandyM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler

I am an older, non-rock climbing, Jeep loving guy that really wants a JTR. Will I be able to get after market side steps to help me and my wife (5’-0”) get in? I love the “Oh shit” handles but will need more help.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I am an older, non-rock climbing, Jeep loving guy that really wants a JTR. Will I be able to get after market side steps to help me and my wife (5’-0”) get in? I love the “Oh shit” handles but will need more help.
I am almost positive that an aftermarket company will create a side step for this truck. Someone like AMP research or rock slide engineering. Search the web for either of those companies to see what I am talking about.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
quyN33q.jpg

That's a JL. Same on the JT.
Of course! It just might take a while after launch. So far they've shown the Mopar performance rock rails, which are a wider version of the Rubicon's standard rock rails. And the Overland comes with a set of steps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
quyN33q.jpg

That's a JL. Same on the JT.

Of course! It just might take a while after launch. So far they've shown the Mopar performance rock rails, which are a wider version of the Rubicon's standard rock rails. And the Overland comes with a set of steps.
thanks Jeepers. looks nice.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be in the same situation, but standing by with my camera to record her trying to get in. Once she masters the jeep cab jump, I will install bigger tires. lol.
Sponsored