Drivers seat bottom tilt

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I’ve searched for this and have a question about the driver’s seat bottom tilt adjustment. On my Overland with leather seats (not sure if that matters), I would love for their to be a way to tilt the seat bottom back so that the front is slightly higher than the back. Just a 1/2” higher in the front would make a huge difference in comfort. I’m only 6’1” (but have a tall torso) and I have to keep the seat bottom adjustment all the way down or my head will hit the sound bar. My question is this. Is there a way to safely and inexpensively modify the seat bottom to tilt the front upward a little bit more? I’m thinking some sort of spacers or washers or something. Is that safe? Has anyone done it? I was thinking about this when driving home. A little bit more tilt would go a long ways for me.

I couldn’t find this anywhere using the search function other than other seat bottom brackets available for the big and tall. I don’t want to deal with all of that. I’m not too tall for the Gladiator and have plenty of leg room.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Nobody? I can't be the only one on here that finds the seat bottom angle to be uncomfortable...

BigDaddyGladiator

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition with AMW Hellcat Swap, 1980 Cj7, 1964 Cadillac Deville Convertible, 1991 Mazda Miata
I am with you, 6'4" and 300lbs here. I bought and installed one of the "Big Boy" seat brackets from Quadratec to get more legroom as my knee was in constant contact with the 4wd select lever, even when in its farthest forward position, 2WD. Just an FYI on that install, I had to trim some of the B-pillar plastic at the floor so the bracket would fit.

I still wish the seat had some adjustment for seat base tilt. I felt comfortable with the adapter, but not cutting up the factory seat base. I may try to find one in a junkyard/CL/Ebay and play with it to see if it can be modified safely.

OP
OP
NC_Overland

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I used two 1/2" nuts as spacers and it was just enough and was able to reuse the stock bolts
Do you feel like there was still a lot of thread on the bolts and you didn't sacrifice any safety? I haven't pulled the bolts out to look...

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yea there's enough thread engagement, but you could always just get longer bolts at the local hardware store if it bothers you.

Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
Does anyone know what size the bolts are? I believe they are 10mm, but without taking one out I can't confirm it.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I'm not at the jeep right now but I believe they are a T50

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Unless you mean thread size, then yes I believe you're correct 10mm

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I'd like to drop the rear of the seats down a bit, as I feel that I am looking out of the top half of the windsheild all the time, set in it's lowest position. While this is great for offroad visibility, it makes me feel too high all the time. For a contrast, I look out of center of the windsheild on my TJ, and find that is perfect for daily driving.

Sponsored

Centerville

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Project Manager
This is perfect, thank you.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I'd like to drop the rear of the seats down a bit, as I feel that I am looking out of the top half of the windsheild all the time, set in it's lowest position. While this is great for offroad visibility, it makes me feel too high all the time. For a contrast, I look out of center of the windsheild on my TJ, and find that is perfect for daily driving.
I would love to drop it down an inch or so. Riding position in here is too high for me.