First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I would be interested to get some feedback from the lucky owners/drivers on the safety features. Like it dislike it? Need it? Want it? Worth it? How it feels ETC...
Sponsored

Moonridge

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass
Vehicle Showcase
I would be interested to get some feedback from the lucky owners/drivers on the safety features. Like it dislike it? Need it? Want it? Worth it? How it feels ETC...
I sold a Overland Gladiator with that package and drove a Wrangler Sahara long term with those options. Adaptive cruise control is going to be the biggest yes or no to the package. It works very well and if you trust the vehicle is very relaxing to use. Just set a speed and distance and go, it will even full stop you if anything crazy happens. Forward collision warning only works if the vehicle in front of you is moving and slowing down. It will not detect people, and it will not detect a fully stopped car at a stop light. The only time I have seen it go off is when a car in front of me is slowing down for a turn. If you take long highway trips, the adaptive cruise control is worth it, but when I build my Gladiator I am only going for the blind spot monitoring.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't had a chance to try out the Adaptive Cruise, but the Auto Braking system is taking some adjustment. It really doesn't like it when you aren't slowing down for a vehicle in front of you turning....it sounds and then slams on brakes...…..

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have used adaptive cruise control on other vehicles and it is a nice feature. That being said, I think unless you keep your Gladiator stock in all regards to suspension and not putting anything in the front such as large bumpers and winches, it is going to be a waste of money for those that like to heavily modify their rides.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Haven't had a chance to try out the Adaptive Cruise, but the Auto Braking system is taking some adjustment. It really doesn't like it when you aren't slowing down for a vehicle in front of you turning....it sounds and then slams on brakes...…..
My Ridgeline does that to me. It really doesn't like how I drive sometimes...:CWL:

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have used adaptive cruise control on other vehicles and it is a nice feature. That being said, I think unless you keep your Gladiator stock in all regards to suspension and not putting anything in the front such as large bumpers and winches, it is going to be a waste of money for those that like to heavily modify their rides.
why? aren't all the electronics behind the rear-view mirror?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
why? aren't all the electronics behind the rear-view mirror?
If everything is high up on the windshield, then my assumption may be wrong. On my last two vehicle with adaptive cruise, one sensor was center-line in the middle of the grille and the other was in the lower bumper valance area. I know in both cases, putting any level kit or even full suspension lift messed up the sensor calibration. Getting the dealership in either case to re-calibrate it was almost an act of god with them murmuring something about potential liability that they now have calibrated a safety system outside of "as built" specifications.

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
I love the adaptive cruise, it is not an option I would have ordered.
It is nice setting it on the expressway and not having to touch the pedals in traffic.
Yes it is located behind the rear view mirror.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I love the adaptive cruise, it is not an option I would have ordered.
It is nice setting it on the expressway and not having to touch the pedals in traffic.
Yes it is located behind the rear view mirror.
blind spot monitoring is also nice, but makes me lazy. Now when changing lanes I just wait for the orange triangle to go away and then I quickly jerk the wheel as fast as I can over to scare the pants off of the driver I just cut off.

JK

but BLIS is really convenient.

Last edited:

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
blind spot is also nice, but makes me lazy. Now when changing lanes I just wait for the orange triangle to go away and then I quickly jerk the wheel as fast as I can over to scare the pants off of the driver I just cut off.

JK

but BLIS is really convenient.
haha
I would think BLIS would be a must for you, when hauling max plywood and visibility is limited....

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The aftermarket will adapt. I love my adaptive cruise control in my WK2. It's radar dome is located in the front bumper. And it still works with the ARB bumper

20190528_175953.jpg

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
The aftermarket will adapt. I love my adaptive cruise control in my WK2. It's radar dome is located in the front bumper. And it still works with the ARB bumper

20190528_175953.jpg
k, I'll give it to you, THAT is a pretty nice looking GC.
:clap:

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
Great, now I am going to have She Who Must Be Obeyed barking at my driving habits AND the truck. :swear:

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
Forward collision warning only works if the vehicle in front of you is moving and slowing down. ...it will not detect a fully stopped car at a stop light.
It works with stopped vehicles in front of you. Although thankful for the feature, I prefer not to admit how I know. :)
Sponsored