Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does the bow on the bed end eventually settle down flat?

Sponsored

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have no reason to believe it won’t. Every drop in bed liner I’ve ever had always settled flat shortly after install.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Can you describe how they attach the tailgate protector?

I like these over a spray-in liner for the impact protection they offer. They are $130 shipped from several online sources.

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland

I like these over a spray-in liner for the impact protection they offer. They are $130 shipped from several online sources.
Does the bow on the bed end eventually settle down flat?
It was 20 degrees when installed, once we had d a forty degree day it was gone, as soon as it warmed.

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

With the extant factory hardware from the tailgate.

My sole purpose for a drop in is the impact protection, haul a lot of fire wood and spray ins just don't hold up. No dents in the bed. I have damaged drop ins over an extended time, somewhat cheap and easy to replace.

The cheapest I had seen online at the time was $160 shipped. I thought about UPS shipping quality, or sometimes the lack thereof. Should there be any issues, for $199 installed by a certified dealer, the $39 was worth the peace of mind.

Easy to install, so either way.

A usually my case on installs of drop ins, I put a heavy coat of unbuffed wax in the bed, and I've never had an issue with the corrosion that all claim.

Cheers.

Pics below from their website.

. https://ruggedliner.com/rugged-truck-bedliners/2020/jeep/gladiator

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My sole purpose for a drop in is the impact protection, haul a lot of fire wood and spray ins just don't hold up. No dents in the bed. I have damaged drop ins over an extended time, somewhat cheap and easy to replace.
This is why I chose the drop in. They just offer more dent protection than most, if not all, spray ins and are easy to replace. The Rugged Liner seems to be a tough liner and is thicker than some of the liners I have had before.

Sponsored

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I should also mention the Rugged Liner is made where the bed lights are not covered and neither are the tie down rings or plug in area covered.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Well people lie. Both sources that listed these for $130 with free shipping actually charge $140 shipping!

I called all ten dealers within 25 miles of me to find out it is $249-$279 and back-ordered. Oh well

Last edited:

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Well people lie. Both sources that listed these for $130 with free shipping actually charge $140 shipping!

I called all ten dealers within 25 miles of me to find out it is $249-$279 and back-
Wow! That’s a lot more than I paid. The truck store I got mine from did say that as soon as they get them in they are gone. I have seen those “deals” online but realized shipping was as much or more than the liner.

OP
OP
OVERLORD

OVERLORD

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I called all ten dealers within 25 miles of me to find out it is $249-$279 and back-ordered. Oh well
This is not meant to offend. Unless the factory is behind in production, due to demand, my dealer told me five days. They had it in four. You may wish to extend your search area, seems like folks are gouging IMHO.

EezyE

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I got my Gladiator on 3/6 and called around to find one. The first 2 places I called had no clue when they’d get one. The third place I called said they did not have one in stock but had a shipment coming and would have it by 3/16 and I could put a $100 deposit down to hold it. It arrived on 3/16, I had it installed yesterday and paid the remaining $100.
Sponsored