Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Looks like the wife lady and I are going to do two short trips in the span of 2 weeks. We are heading to Drummond Island to do BOH trail South Marble Head loop and other trails Aug 30,31. Then back home for a local festival. The next week we are going to Raush Creek for a day or two after a few days in Cheery Springs PA. We will be at Rausch Creek Friday the 10th and maybe Saturday also.

Anyone going to be there the same time? Anyone have any info on either place to share? It looks like at Rausch Creek you cant do trails without another vehicle for at least a group of two.
Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling
I have been to Rausch Creek, the two-vehicle deal is a safety issue. As far as the trails, they have mild and up.

I would recommend taking a look at AOAA, they have more trails as it is a larger area. AOAA is just north of Rausch Creek.

https://www.aoaatrails.com/

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
Sounds interesting. I was raised in the UP but have never been to Drummond Island. Taking vacation around that time and it looks intriguing. I've never done a proper trail ride since I got my Jeep. Just camp and fire roads so far.

Looking at diving the DeTour Passage too. Might have a planning rabbit hole ahead for today :)

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
Live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and before all this pandemic I’d wheel Drummond many times a year
That above article is a bit wrong on what part is actually the BOH trail. The BOH is trail 27-26, to shale beach to marble head. The tank traps are getting rough, Drummond actually sent out a questionnaire seeing if they should go in and fix them or not
The rest of the island is beautiful, can get a mostly stock jeep through it
I’ve got a few videos from over the years on my YouTube

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Live in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and before all this pandemic I’d wheel Drummond many times a year
That above article is a bit wrong on what part is actually the BOH trail. The BOH is trail 27-26, to shale beach to marble head. The tank traps are getting rough, Drummond actually sent out a questionnaire seeing if they should go in and fix them or not
The rest of the island is beautiful, can get a mostly stock jeep through it
I’ve got a few videos from over the years on my YouTube
Thanks for the info. Link to the videos... I bet I all ready watched them:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Well I did something that I never do. I paid a guy. I bought a day at Rausch Creek. It is a 6 hour private day with an instructor. I don't have much experience off roading and I don't have any friends that do either. I decided that it would be worth paying someone to show me the ropes and help build my confidence and skill level.

It would be a different deal If I was starting out in a clapped out taco but I'm Going out and beating on a truck that coast more than I make in a year:CWL:.

I also joined up for the following day for a BOH run. I hope I get my moneys worth. Either way it should be a good short vacation for the wife lady and I.

Last edited:

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
Thanks for the info. Link to the videos... I bet I all ready watched them:like:
If the boarder was open I’d be over in a heart beat to wheel with ya and if you have any questions about the island feel free to ask

have a few videos from the island. This one was right before I traded in for my JL

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
If the boarder was open I’d be over in a heart beat to wheel with ya and if you have any questions about the island feel free to ask

have a few videos from the island. This one was right before I traded in for my JL

Great video.

Let me ask a dumb question. When you get water over the door does it come rushing in? Common sense tells me that the seals will keep a fair amount of the water out. But I have seen the videos where the floor boards get full of muddy water and when they open the door all that muddy water comes pouring out. So of corse thats all I have stuck in my head. My sweet JT lady getting muddy water up to the bottom of the leather seats:LOL:

Don't judge me bro:blush:;)

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
Great video.

Let me ask a dumb question. When you get water over the door does it come rushing in? Common sense tells me that the seals will keep a fair amount of the water out. But I have seen the videos where the floor boards get full of muddy water and when they open the door all that muddy water comes pouring out. So of corse thats all I have stuck in my head. My sweet JT lady getting muddy water up to the bottom of the leather seats:LOL:

Don't judge me bro:blush:;)
Hahaha no judging at all! The door seals are excellent at keeping the water out. The preview picture in the video use to be a lot deeper but they added in drainage trenches over the years
It is a weird sound to hear the water and air trapped under the jeep while doing the water crossings and don’t fear about getting stranded in the water. Other than the tank traps on 26, every crossing has a good base to is

81BEBC3B-2AE6-47A6-B44A-12DB6D04197B.jpeg

OP
OP
Troybilt

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Got home yesterday from our trip to PA. 1st stop was Elk county to check on the elk heard. Then off to Cherry Springs State Park for the star gazing. We had a perfect night for it. You can see so many stars there with the dark skies they have.

Then 2 days at Rausch Creek. Day 1 was a private 101 off roading course. It was a very thorough class. I truly learned a ton about off roading. Day 2 was the Badge of Honor guided trail ride. We did Trail 11, Crawler ridge and Topless for Tatas. Up until this trip I was not comfortable while off roading. We where always out on the trails on our own. It was so much more fun running in a group. I didn't chicken out of any of the obstacles and I was amazed at what my truck is capable of doing with very little effort. Looking forward to my next off roading trip.

I did get a little battle scares as my tires came in contact with my AAL inner fenders and kissed the tip of my bumper. Maybe I should of went with the 37's:LOL:. Maybe I do not have enough off set.
Jeep Gladiator Drummond Island MI and Rausch Creek PA IMG_0277.JPG

Sponsored