Sponsored

Dual Top Group Question

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
Long time Jeep owner/enthusiast here. My last Wrangler was a '97 sport, soft top (and soft front windows).
I am looking at buying a Bright White Gladiator Sport S with the Premium Soft Top. However, when looking at Jeep's website, there is a Dual Top Group where you can get both soft and hard top. My question is if I start out with the soft top, could I purchase a hard top years down the road and simply remove the soft top and add the hard top? Would there be any additional brackets/pieces needed for this?
Sponsored

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
Long time Jeep owner/enthusiast here. My last Wrangler was a '97 sport, soft top (and soft front windows).
I am looking at buying a Bright White Gladiator Sport S with the Premium Soft Top. However, when looking at Jeep's website, there is a Dual Top Group where you can get both soft and hard top. My question is if I start out with the soft top, could I purchase a hard top years down the road and simply remove the soft top and add the hard top? Would there be any additional brackets/pieces needed for this?
I would have to imagine there are extra parts to fit the soft top...mine (2014 Unlimited) had both, the soft top needs extra brackets and such to get it to fit...and in the winter to fit the hard top you remove it

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
No additional brackets needed for HT. However, you will be missing the defrost wire harness and rear washer line if you buy soft top only - not sure about the difficulty/cost of retrofitting

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
With the dual top group they ship a hardtop jeep and supply you with a DIY soft top in the bed/trunk. You get the pleasure of assembling and installing it at home. If you buy a soft top jeep they will not include the rear washer line or the defrost harness which is not the end of the world but it's part of the hidden costs. Adding the hard top is easy peasy but expensive for the OEM and a royal pain in the logistics if you buy a take off local, the major issue is unless you are prepared by stripping your entire soft top off and drive over very topless, where you gonna put it?

With the gladiator most of this is moot, no rear wiper and the top is small enough to fit in the bed. I assume gladiators may roll off the line with the defrost harness buried in the trim as its unique to them, the no wiper thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JS2

JS2

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Bright White Soft Top, '15 Honda Odyssey, '97 Wrangler Sport (Retired 2010)
All good info to consider. Thank you for the replies.