2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That’s a great question about the tow hooks. I like the looks and cost of the bumper but don’t care for the silver colored bolts, should be black like the Jeep steel bumper. I suspect that they did not display the fog lights or tow hooks as those get switched out from your factory bumper. I sent them a query about the fog lights and a couple of other items. When they email me a reply I will email them back asking about the tow hooks and the skid plate and will let you know what they say about those items. And thanks for the link.

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
For that kind of money why not just buy the factory steel bumper?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Big difference in total cost. The DV8 bumper includes a grill guard and costs $721 The Jeep steel bumper sold by Mopar is $995 and you then have to add $250 for the grill guard.

OP
OP
rdcox23

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big difference in total cost. The DV8 bumper includes a grill guard and costs $721 The Jeep steel bumper sold by Mopar is $995 and you then have to add $250 for the grill guard.
Don't you also have to add a winch plate? The DV8 bumper comes with one.

You can get the price of this bumper under $700 at Quadratec.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Not only is it nice to save a few bucks but it is also nice to have something a little different than everyone else has. There are a ton of factory steel bumpers out there.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I don’t plan to add a winch. It says that it comes with a winch delete plate. I like the looks of the Jeep factory steel bumper and I also like the low, small grill guard that they have added on to that. And to that I would attach a small set of extra fog lights, max 55 wats. I don’t want to blind people. I mainly just want the be seen in heavy fog or heavy rain conditions.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Ok folks I have the info now. Took me several emails with the folks from DV8 to get all answers to all questions. And I finally called the guy to pick his brain a little. Bottom line is just astounding. You can’t bolt any skid plate, plastic or metal to their bumper. Yes you use your factory fog lights and factory tow hooks. But who wants to have a bumper that doesn’t have a skid plate on it? Yes it only protects the sway bar as the guy says. But it’s a rather naked and unprotected front end. Shipping is free, saves about $100 more which is what it would cost to get one from Jeep/Mopar. But again without a skid plate I would have to say thanks but no thanks.

I really can’t believe a company would spend time and money to design a bumper for a Gladiator and not think to add the skid plate into that design. That’s like forgetting to add frosting to cake. Wow!

OP
OP
rdcox23

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok folks I have the info now. Took me several emails with the folks from DV8 to get all answers to all questions. And I finally called the guy to pick his brain a little. Bottom line is just astounding. You can’t bolt any skid plate, plastic or metal to their bumper. Yes you use your factory fog lights and factory tow hooks. But who wants to have a bumper that doesn’t have a skid plate on it? Yes it only protects the sway bar as the guy says. But it’s a rather naked and unprotected front end. Shipping is free, saves about $100 more which is what it would cost to get one from Jeep/Mopar. But again without a skid plate I would have to say thanks but no thanks.

I really can’t believe a company would spend time and money to design a bumper for a Gladiator and not think to add the skid plate into that design. That’s like forgetting to add frosting to cake. Wow!

Here is a skid plate from DV8 that looks like it would work.

https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...d-plate-sway-bar-disconnect-skid-spjl-01-2018

HJxgZpxekKw7NxSILl0pdcGV_8E5MCpOwmfI1OrJ4Jr_wUeRffvfUzRYaBd2Nj7ft1awruE=s114.jpg

I also think you could use a majority of the ones from Quadratec, such as this.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/aluminum-modular-front-sway-bar-skid-plate-jeep-wrangler-jl

quadratec-lower-bumper-skid-plate-black-jl-12500%200208-main.jpg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport

Sponsored

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
I had no idea. I went from plastic to aftermarket. I knew the factory bumper was expensive but had no idea how much it was.

Bremen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Sting Gray, 2017 VW Golf Alltrack
That $995 is MSRP and most dealers offer it online for $820 to $850. The best I've found is at Socal Mopar at $775.84. Yes, you will still need to pay for a grill guard and winch plate, but if someone likes the steel Jeep bumper it can be had for well under MSRP.

https://www.socalmopardirect.com/oem-parts/mopar-rubicon-bumper-82215121ac

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
As to the quality of DV8 parts, I can only comment on their step sliders. They are made in China, and the metal is thinner than I expected. The finish is good and they fit decently well. If I had to do it again, I would save a few hundred dollars more and get the EVO Bomber Rockers. I’ve read of other people with similar reports. For the money, they are decent, but not top quality.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Look at Metalcloak bumpers. They are modular and are around the $700 mark. I love mine on my JK. Skid plate is also available with it.

Unfortunately you will not be able to keep and use factory tow hooks, but, who cares? I would rather have better ones anyway
Sponsored