Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running it and got pics. I'm considering it over any of the other options. Looks like it keeps most if not all of the factory wiring for tag lights and the tow harness. Would love to see some mounted before I pull.the trigger. Looking to spend about $1500 on front and rear bumpers and a winch. Pretty much settled on two out the three decisions.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/dv8-offroad/high-clearance-rear-bumper-jeep-gladiator-jt-rbgl-04
Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Anyone running it and got pics. I'm considering it over any of the other options. Looks like it keeps most if not all of the factory wiring for tag lights and the tow harness. Would love to see some mounted before I pull.the trigger. Looking to spend about $1500 on front and rear bumpers and a winch. Pretty much settled on two out the three decisions.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/dv8-offroad/high-clearance-rear-bumper-jeep-gladiator-jt-rbgl-04
I thought about getting it from 4WD.com and get the 10% off (4wd10) but ordered the Iron Cross bumper instead. Also like the Fishbone and Westin rear bumpers. Quadratec shows the estimated ship date for the DV8 is now 5/22 and they seem to keep pushing the date back. When I first starting looking at rear bumpers 2 months ago that DV8 bumper's estimated ship date was 4/30. Someone on one of the bumper threads has the other DV8 bumper.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about getting it from 4WD.com and get the 10% off (4wd10) but ordered the Iron Cross bumper instead. Also like the Fishbone and Westin rear bumpers. Quadratec shows the estimated ship date for the DV8 is now 5/22 and they seem to keep pushing the date back. When I first starting looking at rear bumpers 2 months ago that DV8 bumper's estimated ship date was 4/30. Someone on one of the bumper threads has the other DV8 bumper.
That's what I'm worried about the shipping time. If you don't mind, I'd love to see a pic of the iron cross bumper. Mainly I'm looking for something steel that keeps most of the factory components. Wasn't considering a rear steel bumper until my wife asked me about changing it out to steel to match the front. Now it's got my OCD kicked in about how it will look,LOL! Was trying to maintain a certain budget with this jeep but it looks like another project is looming:headbang:

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I'm worried about the shipping time. If you don't mind, I'd love to see a pic of the iron cross bumper. Mainly I'm looking for something steel that keeps most of the factory components. Wasn't considering a rear steel bumper until my wife asked me about changing it out to steel to match the front. Now it's got my OCD kicked in about how it will look,LOL! Was trying to maintain a certain budget with this jeep but it looks like another project is looming:headbang:
I know. It's a sickness. We all go through it lol. Some worse than others.

I started a thread on the Iron Cross bumper a few days ago. Check it out, there's some pics on there. I'm not sure how long it will take 4wd.com to ship it out to me. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for the 10% off. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/iron-cross-automotive-gp-2004-rear-bumper.30504/

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I know. It's a sickness. We all go through it lol. Some worse than others.

I started a thread on the Iron Cross bumper a few days ago. Check it out, there's some pics on there. I'm not sure how long it will take 4wd.com to ship it out to me. I probably wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't for the 10% off. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/iron-cross-automotive-gp-2004-rear-bumper.30504/
Appreciate that. Looks like on 4WD.com has the DV8 for 469.99 with 10% of which would be around $423 and it says in stock ships today. If I can verify that it actually will ship and is in stock I may get the DV8. That would put me at leas than the $550 I was considering spending on one and put me under the $1500 on all three. I'm sure I'll probably find something to spend the money I saved on though. I'm thinking the Apex 12000lb winch from harbor freight and EAG front full width bumper.

https://www.harborfreight.com/APEX-Synthetic-12000-lb-Wireless-Winch-56385.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852BGG4W/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_BmwTEb4DX1ZC3

The Apex Winch is $515 in store with the 20% off. Seems like a pretty decent winch for the money. I ran a older model Badlands winch on the JK and never had any issues.

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate that. Looks like on 4WD.com has the DV8 for 469.99 with 10% of which would be around $423 and it says in stock ships today. If I can verify that it actually will ship and is in stock I may get the DV8. That would put me at leas than the $550 I was considering spending on one and put me under the $1500 on all three. I'm sure I'll probably find something to spend the money I saved on though. I'm thinking the Apex 12000lb winch from harbor freight and EAG front full width bumper.

https://www.harborfreight.com/APEX-Synthetic-12000-lb-Wireless-Winch-56385.html

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0852BGG4W/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_BmwTEb4DX1ZC3

The Apex Winch is $515 in store with the 20% off. Seems like a pretty decent winch for the money. I ran a older model Badlands winch on the JK and never had any issues.
Did you check out the front bumpers on 4WD.com? Maybe you can get something comparable to the EAG for less with the 10% off. Assuming that they will ship it soon. One bad thing about Qtec is they'll show an item in-stock and then after ordering they email you and say it's backordered. Also one of the reviews on that EAG said that it started to rust. That is one of the big complaints about the EAG bumpers. But if you don't mind repainting.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Did you check out the front bumpers on 4WD.com? Maybe you can get something comparable to the EAG for less with the 10% off. Assuming that they will ship it soon. One bad thing about Qtec is they'll show an item in-stock and then after ordering they email you and say it's backordered. Also one of the reviews on that EAG said that it started to rust. That is one of the big complaints about the EAG bumpers. But if you don't mind repainting.
I ran one of EAGs stubby bumpers on my JKU for 5 yrs and had minimal rusting. I wonder where they live as far as rusting, road salt or close to the beach can have a affect on it. Mine on the JK still was in good shape after 5 yrs though. I'm in NC, hot humid and it was never in the garage. We don't have a lot of road salt though and I'm 3-4hrs from the beach. I'm not 100% on the EAG yet but I'm close. I'll will definitely check it out, maybe I can get a package deal and get the 10% off.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ran one of EAGs stubby bumpers on my JKU for 5 yrs and had minimal rusting. I wonder where they live as far as rusting, road salt or close to the beach can have a affect on it. Mine on the JK still was in good shape after 5 yrs though. I'm in NC, hot humid and it was never in the garage. We don't have a lot of road salt though and I'm 3-4hrs from the beach. I'm not 100% on the EAG yet but I'm close. I'll will definitely check it out, maybe I can get a package deal and get the 10% off.
That could be. I had a generic rear bumper on my 2014 JK that started to rust from the salt in the winter. And the front bumper on my 15 JK which I think was EAG or another knockoff from ebay started to get some rust around the welds. There's numerous threads about those bumpers not having decent powdercoating. But I think anyone who buys a cheap bumper should realize that. If you want to save a lot of money check out the Open Box bumpers that Extreme Terrain has. I just got my Redrock Avenger front bumper from them. It retailed at $724 and I got it open box for around $233. It came on the back of a truck unboxed and had the instructions, bolts and d-rings in a box taped to it. Had some scuffs and that's it. https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-gladiator-front-bumpers-2020.html/f/?OpenBox=true

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
That could be. I had a generic rear bumper on my 2014 JK that started to rust from the salt in the winter. And the front bumper on my 15 JK which I think was EAG or another knockoff from ebay started to get some rust around the welds. There's numerous threads about those bumpers not having decent powdercoating. But I think anyone who buys a cheap bumper should realize that. If you want to save a lot of money check out the Open Box bumpers that Extreme Terrain has. I just got my Redrock Avenger front bumper from them. It retailed at $724 and I got it open box for around $233. It came on the back of a truck unboxed and had the instructions, bolts and d-rings in a box taped to it. Had some scuffs and that's it. https://www.extremeterrain.com/jeep-gladiator-front-bumpers-2020.html/f/?OpenBox=true
Good suggestions. I really appreciate the feedback. I'm exploring options now. :like:

f2f46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
does anybody know if the DV8 works with the factory rubicon rock rails behind the bed?

it looks like they bolt to the factory bumper...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
does anybody know if the DV8 works with the factory rubicon rock rails behind the bed?

it looks like they bolt to the factory bumper...
They do not bolt to the bumper. I have the Factory Rubi rails and the bolt down the side. Bought them after I bought my jeep and installed them myself. The factory Rubi rails stop just before your rear tires.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Did 4wd tell you how long it would be till they ship? Mine is still 'processing' and I paid the extra $10 for rush processing.
No I haven't ordered yet but it says they are in stock. Says I can pick up the front bumper at 4 wheel parts tomorrow in Charlotte NC if I want to. I wasn't planning on ordering until this coming Friday

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I haven't ordered yet but it says they are in stock. Says I can pick up the front bumper at 4 wheel parts tomorrow in Charlotte NC if I want to. I wasn't planning on ordering until this coming Friday
That's good.
Sponsored