First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Well, I had hoped to not have to post this, but you all should be aware of this potential issue with the DV8 Slider/Steps. I noticed that the brackets on these were thicker than factory brackets, but they lacked some gussets which would have easily made them stronger, and the metal plates on the outside are thin. I went off roading for the first time with them this weekend, and the brackets and pinch seam at the front of the driver side bent when I dropped off a ledge, allowing the slider to contact the body of the Jeep (no visible damage). I emailed both DV8 and Quadratec, and I haven’t yet received a response from DV8. I got this response from Quadratec:
“While Rock Sliders are designed to protect the sides of your Jeep, they are not able to prevent all possible damage while on the trail. Having a nice chunk of the vehicles weight sliding over a boulder will cause some bending of the brackets.
Since the brackets welds are not broken or sheared, the sliders are still usable for future trail runs.”
A rubber hose also wouldn’t have “broken or sheared” but it’s not suitable support for a product designed as a Jeep rocker “slider”. Hopefully DV8 comes back with a remedy.

79BC783F-E9A9-46A1-9704-FCB947766D8A.jpeg

35836895-B350-41A1-BD95-020897C526C2.jpeg

426BBF36-7507-4318-953D-E5A5C9FF9C04.png

2FF1CA80-FC79-49DD-9B5A-63C8F5A4BAB9.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silverbullet

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon , 2016 JK, 2005 KJ Renegade
Well, I had hoped to not have to post this, but you all should be aware of this potential issue with the DV8 Slider/Steps. I noticed that the brackets on these were thicker than factory brackets, but they lacked some gussets which would have easily made them stronger, and the metal plates on the outside are thin. I went off roading for the first time with them this weekend, and the brackets and pinch seam at the front of the driver side bent when I dropped off a ledge, allowing the slider to contact the body of the Jeep (no visible damage). I emailed both DV8 and Quadratec, and I haven’t yet received a response from DV8. I got this response from Quadratec:
“While Rock Sliders are designed to protect the sides of your Jeep, they are not able to prevent all possible damage while on the trail. Having a nice chunk of the vehicles weight sliding over a boulder will cause some bending of the brackets.
Since the brackets welds are not broken or sheared, the sliders are still usable for future trail runs.”
A rubber hose also wouldn’t have “broken or sheared” but it’s not suitable support for a product designed as a Jeep rocker “slider”. Hopefully DV8 comes back with a remedy.

Hate to hear that, was planning on buying the same set when quadratec has them in stock, keep us posted if you get a reply from DV8

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Hate to hear that, was planning on buying the same set when quadratec has them in stock, keep us posted if you get a reply from DV8
Rob, from Quadratec, actually replied back after the initial random customer service agent responded. He said he would be working with DV8 to see about a remedy, but I have yet to receive a response at all from DV8 other than their auto-reply email. I’m skeptically optimistic.

Silverbullet

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rob, from Quadratec, actually replied back after the initial random customer service agent responded. He said he would be working with DV8 to see about a remedy, but I have yet to receive a response at all from DV8 other than their auto-reply email. I’m skeptically optimistic.
Other than the obvious are you happy with the sliders are they usable as a step?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Update:
  1. Rob, from Quadratec, has been awesome in his customer service
  2. DV8 has offered to replace the sliders under warranty
  3. The offending bracket is being redesigned, but will not be immediately available. They will get changed during their next production run.
I will update this again if there are any difficulties.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
A month later, and my replacements still haven’t shipped out, after having been promised that they would 2 weeks ago. Still trying to be patient...

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I find it interesting that the design and bullet proof execution went into the slider, but then little thought went into the brackets. With all the decades of wheeling, you think this would have been worked out a long time ago.

Hope you get a great outcome! It is not unusual for redesigns to take four times longer than the sales guy says.

i do really like the look. Much better then the real step my wife wanted that in effect is really a rock grabber.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
This has been resolved. DV8 credited Quadratec, and I am in the process of purchasing an alternate product using the credit. I am appreciative of the willingness of both DV8 and Quadratec to get me into a more suitable product.

Silverbullet

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This has been resolved. DV8 credited Quadratec, and I am in the process of purchasing an alternate product using the credit. I am appreciative of the willingness of both DV8 and Quadratec to get me into a more suitable product.
So which sliders are you going with? I just got the DV8 sliders on mine after a bunch of trouble getting the correct ones and Im a bit concerned if I'm going to have an issue with mine offroad.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
So which sliders are you going with? I just got the DV8 sliders on mine after a bunch of trouble getting the correct ones and Im a bit concerned if I'm going to have an issue with mine offroad.
I'm working on getting the Rusty's Rocker Armor with Kicker. They are frame mounted and shoud be considerably stronger. QT is creating a part number for it so I can use the credit toward them. Send me a PM if you want specific details on my experience with the DV8s...
Sponsored