First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Love the front bumper and winch setup. What setup is that?
Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
[/QUOTE
So, cleaning isn’t that hard. I use a power washer and a soft bristle brush to clean the dirt and mud that’s stuck in all of the Kevlar texture. It is pretty easy and looks perfect after.

The reality is that I’ve only washed it twice because it looks almost the same, clean and dirty. The Kevlar texture takes away shine so the paint will always look matte. Adding some dirt and grime doesn’t really change the appearance much. So, I leave it dirty most of the time and it still looks good.
Yeah that is along the lines that I was saying. Just harder than normal. The matte tan does look great though and is a great color choice for hiding dirt! I see that Starwood motors starting doing sprinters this way. Saw one in person the other day. Personally I think it looks out of place on a sprinter but good on the jeep.

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Love the front bumper and winch setup. What setup is that?
Front bumper is the DV8 FS-25 stubby front bumper. Winch is DV8 WBS12R with an ADD capture fairlead.

Feedback on the front bumper is that it's a pain to tighten the lightbar if it gets loose. I've had it knocked loose twice and wasn't able to get tools in the little area to tighten the bolts down. My solution was to wrap the front bar with rope, kinda like old jeeps with recovery ropes. I haven't had an issue since.

Jeep Gladiator DV8 Tan Spray Kevlar Coated Gladiator Build [SEMA 2018] IMG_4190

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What’s a Kevlar paint job run? Ballpark.
For the record, I got this jeep with the Kevlar paint already done, so I don't have an exact cost on this build. Generally you can expect to pay $4500 to $5500 for a shop to prep and apply a Kevlar coating to your rig.

Sponsored

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, I got this jeep with the Kevlar paint already done, so I don't have an exact cost on this build. Generally you can expect to pay $4500 to $5500 for a shop to prep and apply a Kevlar coating to your rig.
Did you buy it already rigged out, or did you add all the extras, except for the Kevlar paint?

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Did you buy it already rigged out, or did you add all the extras, except for the Kevlar paint?
Hey Snzzbry_Ovrind.... yeah, I bought it with all the SEMA mods. Most of those trucks you see at SEMA can be bought. I just changed a few things from what was displayed at the show... like the light bar.

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I swear I read that title as “Kevlar spray tan”.
Sponsored