First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter
So I was parked today at the grocery store. Started the truck with the key while I was walking up to it. Once loaded, I sat in the seat and hit the start button. All was normal. I put it in drive and when I let go of the brake pedal these two lights started flashing on my dash. I put it back in park and tried it again, several times. I turned it off and back on, opened and closed the doors, and kept getting the same result. I gave it a little gas and she rolled forward and the lights went off. Drove home with no issues. Turned it off for about five minutes on my driveway, and tried it again. Worked perfectly.
Any suggestions? She has 1700 miles.
Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
So I was parked today at the grocery store. Started the truck with the key while I was walking up to it. Once loaded, I sat in the seat and hit the start button. All was normal. I put it in drive and when I let go of the brake pedal these two lights started flashing on my dash. I put it back in park and tried it again, several times. I turned it off and back on, opened and closed the doors, and kept getting the same result. I gave it a little gas and she rolled forward and the lights went off. Drove home with no issues. Turned it off for about five minutes on my driveway, and tried it again. Worked perfectly.
Any suggestions? She has 1700 miles.
It's a Tazer feature. If you press somewhat hard on the brake it will lock them (lights flash) then you can take your foot off of the brake. Touch the gas and it will unlock. It's called Brake Hold or something like that in the Tazer manual. You can disable it.

OP
OP
FIREFTR59

FIREFTR59

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Firefighter
It's a Tazer feature. If you press somewhat hard on the brake it will lock them (lights flash) then you can take your foot off of the brake. Touch the gas and it will unlock. It's called Brake Hold or something like that in the Tazer manual. You can disable it.
Really. Lol. I just updated it last night and it didn’t have this option before. Makes me feel better knowing something else wasn’t going on.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Really. Lol. I just updated it last night and it didn’t have this option before. Makes me feel better knowing something else wasn’t going on.
Yes, it was changed during the update. It should default to OFF, but for some reason it is ON. This has caused confusion/concern for a lot of folks.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
yep. Tazer feature. You step on gas it goes away. Don't press so hard on your brake pedal and you won't see it. Scared the shit out of me this summer.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
yep. Tazer feature. You step on gas it goes away. Don't press so hard on your brake pedal and you won't see it. Scared the shit out of me this summer.
Hey Mike! IIRC you were the one that figured it out for us. Thanks!

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited
Had this same thing and was able to fix it this morning. Saw a post on the JL forums about it.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
This same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago when I installed my tazer to change tire size, and I was freaking out hahaha.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Mine popped up after a weekend of wheeling in Ouray. I nursed that sucker back to the Springs thinking I had an ABS issue or something. Felt like it was stopping fine, but kept extra good distance. :CWL:
I was the safest driver on the road in Colorado at that moment. Confused as hell as I saw no codes in the taser.

This same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago when I installed my tazer to change tire size, and I was freaking out hahaha.

thekenno

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Finance
Just installed my Tazer Mini and was looking for the “brake hold” menu option and it isn’t there. Is this now an automatic on setting?

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Just installed my Tazer Mini and was looking for the “brake hold” menu option and it isn’t there. Is this now an automatic on setting?
It's a live feature. You'll find it on page 11 of the Tazer manual.

Last edited:

thekenno

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Finance
I see it in the manual - but isn’t an option in the setup screens on my gladiator.
Sponsored