East Coast

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
Hello Jeep Gladiator Forum. This is officially my first post as I joined the community today. I recently purchased a JTR for the sole purpose of adventure. My intent is logging miles only for adventure, exploration and fun with the JT. For daily driving I use the JLUR for work and running about.

With that said. I found this section of the forum. I want to begin by saying most everything on my jeep bucket list is located out west. I currently live in Ohio and with winter approaching, I will most likely stay put this winter. Maybe a few day trip winter off road runs in the old TJ.

My intent here is to meet new like minded people and start an adventure originating from the east coast. I think in time we could organize a trip including anyone from east to west. Sort of a convoy of meetups as we migrate out west. Stopping along the way meeting others who want to join.

I welcome ideas, points of interest, and hopefully some of those out west could help out on the receiving end. I look forward to hearing from members and hopefully something can become of this thought providing new adventure for all.

In the meantime I will be reading other post to learn more about the JT. Currently mine is stock but have plans. I will need more time to figure out my needs before the build begins. Overlanding is what I have in mind. But time will tell. After all, why have a jeep?
Sponsored

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Have you heard of Overland Expo? ( https://www.overlandexpo.com/ )
The big one is in Flagstaff AZ in May and next year there will also be one in Colorado.
There is also an Expo East in Virginia in the Fall. It’s a great place to check out the latest and greatest in overlanding gear and rigs.

i’ll be turning my JTR into an overlanding vehicle over the next year or so as well...

OP
OP
Sx3

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds awesome. I'm always up for adventure. I am having a difficult time figuring out which way to go with the JT. I did talk with Adam at Rock Krawler this past Friday. But that call was about the JL. I'm kinda leaning toward the Mopar lift for the JT.

I want to be able tow my other jeeps occasionally. But after watching other Rock Krawler videos, i see they have a real nice set up for the JT.

I might need to start a JT build post soon. I also haven't figured out the garage thing yet on this forum. I might need some assistance so when the time comes to build others may follow.

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
That sounds awesome. I'm always up for adventure. I am having a difficult time figuring out which way to go with the JT. I did talk with Adam at Rock Krawler this past Friday. But that call was about the JL. I'm kinda leaning toward the Mopar lift for the JT.

I want to be able tow my other jeeps occasionally. But after watching other Rock Krawler videos, i see they have a real nice set up for the JT.

I might need to start a JT build post soon. I also haven't figured out the garage thing yet on this forum. I might need some assistance so when the time comes to build others may follow.
I’m down with trying to get some eastern people together to do some over landing. I also just bought my JL and am new to this stuff. I also have a TJ as well. Where you located? I’m in Chardon Ohio.

Reactions: Sx3

Spartan21

First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 03TJ
I’m down with trying to get some eastern people together to do some over landing. I also just bought my JL and am new to this stuff. I also have a TJ as well. Where you located? I’m in Chardon Ohio.
Sorry, just saw you in Lancaster. Not horribly far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sx3

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What a coincidence, I have owned my TJ going on 12 years. I have redone it 3 times always upgrading. I had a JK but never did anything with it. I traded for the JL and now having the JT, it will be easier upgrading, I think?
Everything I look at as far as aftermarket goes will now cost double. Seeing both my JL and JT are stock.

Svachet

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JT
Painesville, Ohio and currently building up my JTR for overlanding. No trips planned yet, but may hit Southington off-road park in the near future.

slothead

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Overland
Occupation
NASA Consultant - EE
Vehicle Showcase
Have you heard of Overland Expo? ( https://www.overlandexpo.com/ )
The big one is in Flagstaff AZ in May and next year there will also be one in Colorado.
There is also an Expo East in Virginia in the Fall. It’s a great place to check out the latest and greatest in overlanding gear and rigs.

i’ll be turning my JTR into an overlanding vehicle over the next year or so as well...
Eddie, what will you be changing to go from Rube to O'land? Seems like a backwards change to me.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Eddie, what will you be changing to go from Rube to O'land? Seems like a backwards change to me.
Tom- I’m sorry for the confusion. I’m not turning my Rubicon into an Overland trim model, I am making my JTR more capable of Overland travel. If you go to the Alu-Cab thread on this site You can see some of the stuff I as well as others have and are doing. Basically it’s how I’m using the bed of the truck.

Sponsored

JT “Charlie”

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Painesville, Ohio and currently building up my JTR for overlanding. No trips planned yet, but may hit Southington off-road park in the near future.
Jeep Gladiator East Coast 1589960301057

#allhartzadventures is always ready for some overlanding! Base is out of New Market, MD

sail2xxs

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon M/T
Occupation
Govt
could you list a few?? Thanks!
You may find the following helpful:

Backcountry Discovery routes: https://ridebdr.com/

Trans Labrador Highway to Happy Valley Goose Bay, extend to Cartwright, Lodge Bay, and ending in Old Fort.

Take a look at: http://graveltravel.ca/ Have done several of these on my Yamaha Tenere. Beautiful country.

James Bay Road (paved, but it's out there) https://www.jamesbayroad.com/ I did this in my Tacoma several years ago in January to watch the caribou migration. Totally awesome trip, if frigid (-40 F).

Trans-Taiga Road - gravel and way out there. On my list for the bike, and possibly Gladiator https://www.jamesbayroad.com/ttr/index.html

Slightly closer: https://www.northmainewoods.org/ This is a trip we're planning now - look at Golden Road https://www.themainemag.com/features/2025-the-golden-road/

Best,

Chris

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
Sail2xxs. I’m also looking into an overland trip in the north woods. Been years since I’ve been there. However 31$ a day per person to enter and camp is a tough pill to swallow.

Expedition JT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT, 94 YJ, CJ-8 Scrambler
It’s all paper mill property now what I understand. Learned to fly fish up there along the golden road by telos checkpoint when there wasn’t any fees.
Sponsored