Sponsored

Easter Jeep Safari 2019

Slacksuperstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 jeep wrangler
Who here plans to spend a few mornings on youtube watching the coverage. I know I am
Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I went to town for the first time this week and was shocked at the number of Gladiators. I saw at least a dozen...parked in parking lots, at the Jeep display, driving through town, etc. They were everywhere. I test drove an Overland with the top off. I wanted to test drive a Rubicon but didn't have time to wait for one to come back. I may make another attempt when I drive the Scrambler to town Thursday.

I wanted to see The Wayout but didn't see until it I was on my wayout of town. It was parked at Barlow's Jeep Rentals and I didn't have time to stop. Hopefully, it will be at the Jeep display on Thursday.

Drove this one:

drove it.jpg

Last edited:

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
I went to town for the first time this week and was shocked at the number of Gladiators. I saw at least a dozen...parked in parking lots, at the Jeep display, driving through town, etc. They were everywhere. I test drove an Overland with the top off. I wanted to test drive a Rubicon but didn't have time to wait for one to come back. I may make another attempt when I drive the Scrambler to town Thursday.

I wanted to see The Wayout but didn't see until it I was on my wayout of town. It was parked at Barlow's Jeep Rentals and I didn't have time to stop. Hopefully, it will be at the Jeep display on Thursday.

Drove this one:

drove it.jpg
That is awesome! What did you think of the drive quality? Only respond if it was good because I already have my order in. ;)

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Oh c'mon give us some love and share the juicy details :clap::please:

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
That is awesome! What did you think of the drive quality? Only respond if it was good because I already have my order in. ;)
guess it wasnt good

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So this explains where the red trucks with the big white G on the door was heading. Because they where not going to dealer lots.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

Drove this one:

drove it.jpg
you're my new hero.
now TALK DAMMIT!
:LOL:

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
E56A2A20-4B29-457D-A044-691E9BF701EF.jpeg
We’re here, just drove in this evening. Signed up to drive a Gladiator tomorrow so will give details.

BTW, where are the JT concepts parked?

Big Red Gladiator

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra (gone... Just totaled it 4/22/19) Now a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited, RX350 (Wife's) and soon a Gladiator LE
Who here plans to spend a few mornings on youtube watching the coverage. I know I am
I wish I could go. I’ll be following this thread to see all the fun and all the new info

Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
The Overland test drive I went on with a Jeep rep was a pre-determined loop less than 1.5 miles long ...all on pavement with 25 mph speed limits. I don't know if the Rubicon test drive is different. To be honest, you really don't have much time to get a feel for the vehicle. The roughest obstacle was the gutter at the edges of the parking lot. But I was immediately impressed with how smooth it rode. The Rubicon suspension should be stiffer. I'll probably try to drive one of those Thursday. And I will still be buying one as soon as order banks open.

The push-button start/stop was interesting. I kinda like it.

To drive one from the Jeep display, you need to take a short survey at the adjacent booth. I immediately got a couple of emails from the nearest Jeep dealer 120 miles away trying to sell me several JLs that they had in stock.

I'll have much more time Thursday to take photos and maybe test drive a Rubicon. I've scheduled the entire day just to visit the Jeep display again along with the massive vendor display...and to cruise around a bit in the ol' Scrambler. So I'll post more later in the week.

I also saw Evo's custom JT sitting on 40s on a trailer on Main Street. Impressive. It looks like they already have roof and bed racks that will be available. I'd be surprised if there aren't other such options on display at the vendor expo tomorrow and Friday. So I will not be ordering an OEM tonneau. There's a video of the EVO JT on a trail on YouTube. It may have already been posted somewhere on here, but if not:

Last edited:

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
BTW, where are the JT concepts parked?
They have been on trails at press events the past couple of days. But they are usually parked at the Jeep display in the Walker Drug parking lot near 3rd South and Main.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
The test drive I went on with a Jeep rep was a pre-determined loop less than 1.5 miles long ...all on pavement...at least with the Overland. The roughest obstacle was the gutter at the edges of the parking lot.. But I was impressed with how smooth it rode. The Rubicon suspension should be stiffer. I'll probably try to drive one of those Thursday. And I will still be buying one as soon as order banks open.
Awesome! I hope you get a chance to drive the Rubicon!
Sponsored