First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
I have been working on my Jeep and trailer all week getting ready to leave for Moab April 2, how many are headed to Jeep Easter Safari this year?
Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Haven't missed one since I moved here 46 years ago. But I avoid the trails that week unless on a rescue. Too many humans.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Haven't missed one since I moved here 46 years ago. But I avoid the trails that week unless on a rescue. Too many humans.
If you get on the trails early there’s not a sole in sight. We do this every EJS then get back to the house around 2-4 and have daylight to grill and hangout.

OP
OP
Bobh62000

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
This my first year so we are going to do 7 of the trails except Saturday. Hopping to see a few more Gladiator mods.

Sponsored

Mile High Punk'n

First Name
Adrien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1991 Suburban Crawler, 1982 Duramax C30 2wd
This my first year so we are going to do 7 of the trails except Saturday. Hopping to see a few more Gladiator mods.
I've gone about 8-10 years. I'm usually over the crowded group trails after about 2 of them. Were running back roads and trails most of the way between Grand Junction and Moab on the way out there to get some extra wheeling in without any crowds.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
If you get on the trails early there’s not a sole in sight. We do this every EJS then get back to the house around 2-4 and have daylight to grill and hangout.
Good luck with that one. I've flown many of the trails on Jeep Safari mornings. Some may not be that crowded early in the day, but we seem to have difffering definitions of "not a soul in sight." This year. several trails are being split into 2 runs...a morning run and an afternoon run. Some trails are reserved for Safari use only on certain days. For the first time, there will be no mass line-up and exodus from downtown on Big Saturday. It will be the first time in about 30 years that I haven't had to work traffic control Saturday morning.

Last edited:

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Good luck with that one. I've flown many of the trails on Jeep Safari mornings. Some may not be that crowded early in the day, but we seem to have difffering definitions of "not a soul in sight." This year. several trails are being split into 2 runs...a morning run and an afternoon run. Some trails are reserved for Safari use only on certain days. For the first time, there will be no mass line-up and exodus from downtown on Big Saturday. It will be the first time in about 30 years that I haven't had to work traffic control Saturday morning.
Working traffic is one of the most annoying jobs there is. If I had a dollar for every time I wanted to chuck a flashlight at a car, I’d be stupid rich.

Chaimstein

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Punk'n on order, 1965 Pontiac 2+2
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I will be there.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to go but I'm allergic to mass gatherings of stupid humans. We'll pick another, far less crowded time to hit the trails in Moab. Meanwhile I'll check out all the pics online

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobh62000

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
We are running Fins and Things on the 10th and Top of the World on the 11th.
we are doing Poison Spider mesa the 5th, porcupine rim the 6th, backwards bill the 7th, day canyon 8th, behind the rocks the 9th, seven mile rim the 10th, fins and things the 12th

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Thanks for the luck. Been doing it for the last five years and it has been Amazing. Not a sole in sight means just that. If you are on the trail by 7am we’ve never had anyone in front of us. Also we plan around the closed for the day trails. If you try to hit a trail at 9 or after that I agree, good luck. Entered Pritchett at 7:15 last year, and climbed the last hill at 11:45 did not see a single rig until we got near behind the rocks. Same with Cliffhanger and it’s an in and back out. Only passed traffic on the final climb out. It’s all about timing.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
At a packed emergency Grand County Council meeting this morning to consider an Executive Order which would have placed a 30-day ban on gatherings of 250 or larger outside and 100 or larger inside (due to Covid-19 concerns), a representative of the Red Rock 4-Wheelers said "we will cancel the vendor display". The measure failed to pass. But a notice was just sent out about the cancelation (see below). Too bad. That has always been my favorite part of the Safari...along with the Jeep concepts display. The Jeep Safari will go on...but without the gigantic vendor display. He also mentioned that they will cancel the Friday night dinner where the drawing is held for tons of prizes. Two big events scheduled for this weekend were just cancelled...the Skinny Tire Festival and the Canyonlands Half Marathon, traditionally the event that kicks off the tourist season and brings thousands of visitors to Moab.

Last I heard, there were 3 confirmed cases of the virus in the state. All are in Northern Utah and are travel-related

Here is the notice just sent out within the last hour:

5FBE443D-6764-4D25-8050-ABC95DB3998B.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
At a packed emergency Grand County Council meeting this morning to consider an Executive Order which would have placed a 30-day ban on gatherings of 250 or larger outside and 100 or larger inside (due to Covid-19 concerns), a representative of the Red Rock 4-Wheelers said "we will cancel the vendor display". The measure failed to pass. But a notice was just sent out about the cancelation (see below). Too bad. That has always been my favorite part of the Safari...along with the Jeep concepts display. The Jeep Safari will go on...but without the gigantic vendor display. He also mentioned that they will cancel the Friday night dinner where the drawing is held for tons of prizes. Two big events scheduled for this weekend were just cancelled...the Skinny Tire Festival and the Canyonlands Half Marathon, traditionally the event that kicks off the tourist season and brings thousands of visitors to Moab.

Last I heard, there were 3 confirmed cases of the virus in the state. All are in Northern Utah and are travel-related

Here is the notice just sent out within the last hour:

5FBE443D-6764-4D25-8050-ABC95DB3998B.jpg
Thanks for letting everyone know. Keep us posted please

JTjeeper

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My 23rd year going. I will be there from the 6th to the 12th with my crew. I look forward to seeing and meeting some new GT owners. See you there!
Sponsored