sicmadek

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jt willys sting gray
Occupation
Technician
anyone have issues with the 6x9 not sounding "full" with the MB quart kit. I have the 8.4 system. I know mb quart kit only plugs into one of the plugs on each side of the sound bar which makes me wonder if they are not getting the full signal.
the alpine system has 8 separate speaker vs 4 of the non alpine systems. The 3.5” channel has a crossover in it for tweeters and the 4” has acrossover for lower frequencies. You will need to use both channels to get the right sound.

Dqban

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I fixed the problem by connecting the tweeters directly to wires previously powering the 3.5 highs. They seem to be crossed over right/better now and sound good.

Anyone who thinks changing the speakers without amplifying them is pointless is just wrong...noticeably louder now. The bass response from the 6x9 is much tighter than the oem ported enclosure and i can hear highs in song I know that were lost with the oem speakers.

The only down side is the 6x9 have a slightly different frequncy responce...they play higher frquency midrange better/louder/tighter but it lost a bit of the lower midrange frequency "punch"....this was probably the range the port eas tuned for.

It should not matter much to me though...im adding a sealed subwoofer that i should be able to cross over at the frquency gap.

1367E185-0CE3-4912-B34E-1723D313765C.jpeg

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Just curious where you mounted the JL Audio C3 cross over box? Also did you use JL Audio 6.5” speakers in the sound bar and if so, where did you mount the cross over box up there?
Actually I'm going to be, "Active" - with a separate DSP to filter crossover frequencies and such to each individual speaker. If passive was the plan, would definitely consider hiding the crossovers under a seat instead of in the pods or soundbar.

Advertisement

Advertisement