First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 KTM SuperDuke 1290R
Occupation
Fabrication Operations manager themed entertainment industry
Am I the only one that thinks the "Eco" part of the Eco Diesel is kinda lame and should be banned from the badge? On that line of thought, I designed a new badge and will be milling it out of 6061 on my CNC this week. Ill add some color via soft enamel probably.
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel badge JT diesel badge
Thoughts, constructive criticism, and thinly veiled sarcasm welcome.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lol if the prototype comes out good and there is significant interest, Id be happy to make a few runs of these.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
That would also look good as a vinyl graphic on the tail of the bed behind the rear axle

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
I've been considering the RAM 1500 EcoDiesel badges for the front fenders below the gladiator decals

Sponsored

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That would also look good as a vinyl graphic on the tail of the bed behind the rear axle
I considered this as well. I have something else planned for that area but it definitely would be a good spot as well as behind the front fender by the Jeep/ Gladiator badging.

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Eh Im on mindset of less badges the better. One of the first things I did was just remove it completely. I got over my badge/sticker phase right around the second F&F movie.

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Eh Im on mindset of less badges the better. One of the first things I did was just remove it completely. I got over my badge/sticker phase right around the second F&F movie.
Fair, to each their own. For instance, this jeep duck thing... Dont touch my Jeep, let alone put some rubber duck on it someplace. And I sure as shit aint lining my dash with them, but like I said, different strokes...

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I’ve been saying I was going to remove mine since I picked it up 10/‘21…but haven’t yet. My thought is that it may make it more prone to the cat/def theft…like I was victim of in 2014’ish.

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I decided to cut a prototype outta black acrylic instead of 6061. Files need a bit of refinement but I think generally its pretty great for those of us in the badge camp. Obvioiously needs paint and such but not bad for messing around on thirsty Thursday. Almost the weekend boys! May the 4th be with you.

Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel badge 9B6A50E9-0F49-4A6A-9810-0BF1D8E923D1

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Fair, to each their own. For instance, this jeep duck thing... Dont touch my Jeep, let alone put some rubber duck on it someplace. And I sure as shit aint lining my dash with them, but like I said, different strokes...
If I knew where you live. I would duck the shit out of you. I would super glue them everywhere.

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
Lol if the prototype comes out good and there is significant interest, Id be happy to make a few runs of these.
Cool can't wait to see it I removed my badge for the same reason the factory looks like it shoukd be on a Prius 😂🤣😂

Jarasho

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Field Tech
I decided to cut a prototype outta black acrylic instead of 6061. Files need a bit of refinement but I think generally its pretty great for those of us in the badge camp. Obvioiously needs paint and such but not bad for messing around on thirsty Thursday. Almost the weekend boys! May the 4th be with you.

9B6A50E9-0F49-4A6A-9810-0BF1D8E923D1.jpeg
What are the dimensions? And how much could one get a set of these? Maybe with the JT in Red?
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel badge IMG_1675

OP
OP

Motopilot0311

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What are the dimensions? And how much could one get a set of these? Maybe with the JT in Red?
Ill be playing with color today. I will be going with black and red for simplicity's sake at first but sky's the limit as far as color selection goes. Current dims are 5"x7". A bit on the large side but its the best I could do to maintain detail on the "diesel" text. Running a .0625" end mill is slow and delicate work. I could rescale the JT portion of it, or preferably, my other option is to make an acrylic buck on my laser engraver, mold it and recast it in a UV-stable resin. As far as cost goes, dunno yet. Prototyping takes time and revisions and that drives cost up. OEM badges are about $60 bucks and Ive got about $250 in design, cut time/ materials into this one, but once Ive got a process down Ill likely ask for about the same as OEM.
Sponsored