Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, Hydro Blue Pearl
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Hello friends,
Finally picked up my first jeep a week ago (woooo!), And I went to go install the Mopar Block Heater cord. Followed several videos and pictures to find where the plug on the block is and when I get there, all I see is a brass colored hole. No plug.(pic below) I have the Cold Weather package, and based on several posts here, did not specifically order the "Engine Block Heater" because it would come standard on the EcoDiesel, I just needed the cord.

Well, I cannot seem to locate the plug, though I believe I'm in the right place. My question is, if I'd like to have the block heater on here (Wisconsin Winters), how do I go about getting it on?

20211106_064214.jpg
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If you can't find the connection spot, you will have to contact a Dealer. @AllMoparParts.com is a forum sponsor, and should be able to get you a heater to install, if necessary.

They may have stopped installing the heaters. Since you ordered it, the Block heater option should have been specified to be included.

OP
OP
the_visiting_fireman
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
@FutureOdin Block Heater is not listed on my Window Sticker. When I ordered, I had done some research here on the forums about needing to specifically order the block heater, and many users pointed out that though they didn't order it, it came with the EcoDiesel and they just needed a cord.

@Mr._Bill It appears I would need the Heater element. It looks like I'm looking at the port where the element itself would sit. I'll talk with either Mopar parts here or a local dealer.

Thanks!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It may not be too difficult to install the heater, from looking at the picture. For the 3.6 gas engine, it costs about $100 for the heater and cord from Mopar, and it goes in a hole behind the A/C compressor.

Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I didnt not order the engine block heater and it is not on my sticker but i have the plug.. orange cap on it...
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel Block Heater Plug 20210215_135529
Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel Block Heater Plug 20210215_135552

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since the OP has a brand new Jeep, I'm guessing the assembly line is now better organized, and the block heater is only being installed if it is ordered. It could also be that it is damaged. Either way, it requires a new heater, that will have to be paid for since it's not on the build sheet.

iadslgladiator

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR diesel
Occupation
operations manager
The block heater is installed by the engine manufacturer on every ecodiesel motor. The cord is the only thing you need. There is a couple threads on here that will help you locate it. Auto parts stores sell the cords for about 20 bucks.

OP
OP
the_visiting_fireman
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
@iadslgladiator I'll attach a different picture below. I bought the cord, but this is what I see at the location that @Gladiator_92 has in their picture. Same port, no red plug. At this point I'm going to be contacting a dealer to try and get the heater put in.

As noted above, the build line may have had a re-org to not automatically include a block heater if not strictly ordered that way. Or they just missed mine for whatever reason. I just figured I'd ask here to see if I'm missing something. Thanks for the help!

Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel Block Heater Plug 20211106_064202

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
@iadslgladiator I'll attach a different picture below. I bought the cord, but this is what I see at the location that @Gladiator_92 has in their picture. Same port, no red plug. At this point I'm going to be contacting a dealer to try and get the heater put in.

As noted above, the build line may have had a re-org to not automatically include a block heater if not strictly ordered that way. Or they just missed mine for whatever reason. I just figured I'd ask here to see if I'm missing something. Thanks for the help!

20211106_064202.jpg
Sorry, posted just after you posted this--see my post above. That is the engine block heater, from what I can tell from the pictures:

Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel Block Heater Plug 1636373575444

EDIT: Actually, nope--they don't look the same. So you'll probably need to buy this piece above + the cord. It looks like the engine block heater threads into that you have on your engine now?

OP
OP
the_visiting_fireman
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
@FutureOdin Yep, that's what I'm seeing. I just need the female part the Cord plugs into.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
From what I understand, starting with August 2021 builds and moving forward the EcoDiesel engines will not get the engine block heater as standard equipment. You'll have to order the Cold Weather package in order to get the heater included on the Rams, or order the heater as a standalone option where available on the Jeeps.

In the past all of these engines had the heater and we simply needed the cord. That's apparently no longer the case.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
From what I understand, starting with August 2021 builds and moving forward the EcoDiesel engines will not get the engine block heater as standard equipment. You'll have to order the Cold Weather package in order to get the heater included on the Rams, or order the heater as a standalone option where available on the Jeeps.

In the past all of these engines had the heater and we simply needed the cord. That's apparently no longer the case.
Well thats unfortunate for us 22 orders who were gambling...

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah I checked my truck today, built this summer, Cold Weather package, no block heater. Very stupid in my opinion. I think the Cold Weather pack is like $1k or so and they can't even give you a block heater? On a diesel? C'mon man....
Sponsored