Sponsored

EcoDiesel Pedal Commander

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
For those who want to improve their throttle response!

Sponsored

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
For those who want to improve their throttle response!

I am not sure that this will be very effective in the ecoDiesel given the turbo lag. Just makes the pedal more or less sensitive. Even with a tune you put your foot to the floor and there is still the lag.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I am not sure that this will be very effective in the ecoDiesel given the turbo lag. Just makes the pedal more or less sensitive. Even with a tune you put your foot to the floor and there is still the lag.
Did you watch the video? It did reduce lag in his 2020 EcoDiesel.

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Did you watch the video? It did reduce lag in his 2020 EcoDiesel.
Maybe perceived lag but how is that much different than stomping on the pedal every time you want to go. All it is doing is adjusting the signal from the throttle position sensor/pedal. Yes it might help but I would rather spend my money on a tune when they become available to re-map the crappy tunes that FCA is forced to do for emissions.

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I would rather spend my money on a tune when they become available to re-map the crappy tunes that FCA is forced to do for emissions.
I agree, but this is a good option for those who don't want to wait for a tune, or who don't want to spend money on a tune.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I view Pedal Commander like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. You're masking a deeper problem. The root of this issue is the HORRENDOUS factory engine calibration and trans. tuning. The Pedal Commander will amplify the signal and boost it, but it does nothing to address the real issue with slow trans. shifts, turbo lag, the backpressure valve in the exhaust pipe that makes the truck fall on its face, etc.

I think I'm going to hold off and wait for GDE to issue a proper calibration for this truck... fix everything at once.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I had nothing but problems with these on both of my Wranglers and was concerned that my warranty was going to be cancelled because of it being installed on my Jeep. Same thing with tuners. Use a tuner on your Jeep and warranty is voided.

JDawg11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubi Diesel
Maybe perceived lag but how is that much different than stomping on the pedal every time you want to go. All it is doing is adjusting the signal from the throttle position sensor/pedal. Yes it might help but I would rather spend my money on a tune when they become available to re-map the crappy tunes that FCA is forced to do for emissions.
your posts are uneducated blabber. You speculate about what you do not know.
I have a diesel Gladiator with Banks Derringer and Pedal Monster. Both are absolutely awesome. Period
Sponsored