Sponsored

Ecoflow River 2 Pro experience

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Just wanted to post my experience with using the Ecoflow River 2 Pro battery pack with my Jeep Gladiator (with factory inverter and bed plug).

I've got a Dometic fridge, and planned to charge the Ecoflow battery pack off the bed outlet while driving to run the fridge off when parked and camping.

The River 2 Pro can charge up to 660W, but you can limit it down to as low as 100W in the app used to setup the battery which I did before plugging it in. Unfortunately, no dice and the Ecoflow didn't charge at all. Just a constant and steady clicking sound (like a relay inside the battery tripping). I tried to connect it to the outlet inside the cab as well, and the same thing occurred.

I tested a 140W computer charger immediately after on both outlets without issue, so either I have a bad Ecoflow River 2 or the battery pack just doesn't like the power the Jeep inverter is sending it.

I've reached out to Ecoflow and I'm awaiting a response and I'll keep this thread updated.
Sponsored

OP
OP

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Confirmed with Ecoflow that the River 2 needs pure sine wave input for charging through AC, so it's going to be a no-go for running this using the factory AC plugs.

Looks like I'm going to be returning this and looking for a power bank that can run off of the modified sine wave inverter. Would be open to anybody's recommendations.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
I have found the quality is pretty low with Ecoflow. You might be dodging a bullet. Jumped in with both feet and got a bunch of the Rivers for back up power sources for home wifi, security system, etc. Low voltage stuff. All the Rivers have died and needed to be replaced or returned. Bought one of the Delta Pros to run the travel trailer and very worried that thing will die too.

Try Bluetti or Goal Zero. Have an old Goal Zero 1000 and that thing is a tank. Still working perfectly over the years. Downside is VERY slow to charge compared to the new tech (maybe the newest version is better).

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Well that sucks. It would be nice if there was also a 12V in the bed. I wonder if my Jackery is similarly particular to a clean sine wave.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Thats a huge bummer! I think my buddy just bought an Ecoflow product, so I need to have him test before a trip.

That said, I have been using a Jackery 1500 charging from the back seat 120v outlet no issues. I run my cooler 24/7 and Kurig in the morning from it and it just recharges when the truck in running........

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I have found the quality is pretty low with Ecoflow. You might be dodging a bullet. Jumped in with both feet and got a bunch of the Rivers for back up power sources for home wifi, security system, etc. Low voltage stuff. All the Rivers have died and needed to be replaced or returned. Bought one of the Delta Pros to run the travel trailer and very worried that thing will die too.

Try Bluetti or Goal Zero. Have an old Goal Zero 1000 and that thing is a tank. Still working perfectly over the years. Downside is VERY slow to charge compared to the new tech (maybe the newest version is better).
I tried 2 different bluetti's this past summer. Neither would charge off of bed outlet and fully charges would only run my frig a couple hours. They went back.

Reactions: PJZ

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Another vote for Jackery. I also charge mine on the inside 110 outlet while driving.

Reactions: PJZ

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Thats a huge bummer! I think my buddy just bought an Ecoflow product, so I need to have him test before a trip.

That said, I have been using a Jackery 1500 charging from the back seat 120v outlet no issues. I run my cooler 24/7 and Kurig in the morning from it and it just recharges when the truck in running........
How many watts does the Keurig pull?

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Ugh, only have the Jackery 550. I guess I’ll stick with the old school percolator camping.
I think there are smaller 1 cup units, but I already had this one. I made sure I bought a Jackery that could prwer anything I need except for air conditioning, but a 1500 is a bit overkill for Jeep camping!