Sponsored

*Edit: Taken down by FCA* Hidden on Jeep.com | Options Matrix and Pricing Placeholders

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
Since steffen707 did us all a favor and created the options matrix Google doc, it might not be that big of a deal, but I was playing around with the Jeep website sitemap and noticed they gave away the model code in the URL for the configurator.

They seem to have the "Model Comparison" tool built for the Gladiator and mostly functional even though it can't be selected from the "Compare Lineup" link/tab.

For your viewing fun: https://www.jeep.com/compare/detailed-chart.html?modelYearCode=CUJ202011

Even better, pricing appears to be $0 for all models!

EDIT: Looks like FCA figured out what was happening. The info is no longer available and redirects to the original model comparison tool.
Sponsored

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Since steffen707 did us all a favor and created the options matrix Google doc, it might not be that big of a deal, but I was playing around with the Jeep website sitemap and noticed they gave away the model code in the URL for the configurator.

They seem to have the "Model Comparison" tool built for the Gladiator and mostly functional even though it can't be selected from the "Compare Lineup" link/tab.

For your viewing fun: https://www.jeep.com/compare/detailed-chart.html?modelYearCode=CUJ202011

Even better, pricing appears to be $0 for all models!

Dude!!!! Very great. Thanks for snatching that.

OP
OP
nate320

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude!!!! Very great. Thanks for snatching that.
No worries! I'm still trolling through the website source to see if they have any hidden placeholders--I'm determined to find pricing!

From that site, you can also click on the financing and deals; it still doesn't populate with any prices but I'm hoping that they'll pop up there somehow before it's officially released.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
No worries! I'm still trolling through the website source to see if they have any hidden placeholders--I'm determined to find pricing!

From that site, you can also click on the financing and deals; it still doesn't populate with any prices but I'm hoping that they'll pop up there somehow before it's officially released.
Nuggets: One never before seen but always suspected add... Leather on the sport!!!!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Now that you posted on the forum I am sure FCA will be extra diligent with there placeholders. Not be negative, if I made that discovery I would have share with the forum as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nate320

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that you posted on the forum I am sure FCA will be extra diligent with there placeholders. Not be negative, if I made that discovery I would have share with the forum as well.
You make a good point and I considered leaving the web page alone in case FCA slipped up in the next few days and led us to some major discoveries. But in the end I couldn't help myself and justified it by guessing they probably have the "full" version hosted internally on company servers behind the firewall. If there is a version that's live on the interwebz, the URL is probably obfuscated beyond what I'd be able to guess.

On the flip side, I'm hoping someone with more web smarts than me stumbles upon this thread and has the fortitude to comb through all of the source to discover hidden Java & CSS elements. I was hoping to find some invisible price placeholder, but no luck. Here's to crowd-sourced intel!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
OP
OP
nate320

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping whoever built the page was lazy and canned some info off of a different model. Neither the 2 or 4 door JLs have a 19 Gal tank, but the Grand Cherokee does...

An argument could be made either way that none of the info on the page is valid as the fuel tank capacity is definitely a discrepancy, but on the other hand a lot of the options are pretty specific to the JT and wouldn't be a quick copy/paste from the other models.

As excited as I was to find it, I suppose it should be put into the same bucket as 83% of the other info floating around out there about this vehicle: take it with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nate320

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like they figured it out; link redirects to the normal model compare tool.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Looks like they figured it out; link redirects to the normal model compare tool.
That's too funny! Time for the Jeep folks to get down from the high horse and release some GD info. Unless they want us to come in ninja style :bandit: to get it. How did you find that pg in the first place?

OP
OP
nate320

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's too funny! Time for the Jeep folks to get down from the high horse and release some GD info. Unless they want us to come in ninja style :bandit: to get it. How did you find that pg in the first place?
Right?! I was trolling the website a few days ago and noticed that specific pages had the same layout, but called different info depending on the model code that was put in. Once I saw the model code for the JT, I just kept trolling the sitemap to see if they slipped up and had a live version of the Gladiator's info out there and just didn't have any obvious links to it. Nothing illegal!

Here's a PDF I saved last night of what was available.

Attachments