Electric shaver recommendation

Jetot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Rubicon 3.8 V6
Hi all, after 25 years of wet shave and razors I am considering getting an electric shaver, like on this url - mostly to save a bit of time. Any recommendations on what kind of product I should be after? I have some sensitive skin under my chin so need something that can deal with that and not irritate it more!! Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vicegrips

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
not gainfully employed. Too old, been there done that.
Well, my avatar should provide proof of my experience with razors... :)
I have both foil (Braun) and rotary (Norelco, Remington) style razors. I have generally gotten the job done quicker with the rotary style razor. Particularly if I've let hair grow a bit longer. Rotary head razor with "slots" as well as "holes". I think they cover more surface area at a time than the foil head style. Also, I believe a pre-shave product is important. Something like the old "Lectric Shave". It's really mostly fragrance and alcohol. I think the alcohol tightens up the skin a bit, making the hairs stand up, thus easier to cut.

So, a vote for mid-range Remington or Norelco style if you're going electric. Some models seem to be marketed toward users with sensitive skin. YMMV, of course.

-Jim

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Keep in mind too that it will take several weeks for your hair/skin to get used to the electric shave. Stick with it until this happens. I’ve found that it’s easier to shave with an electric razor about 10 minutes after showering, having allowed the hair/skin to dry.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
You may need to get some new underclothes too...

Jeep Gladiator Electric shaver recommendation e3fd515bdecf15fee6d8e2dbc43d9a10

Hinton

First Name
Hins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
My skin is also very sensitive. I use a 5 head electric shaver razor and shaving cream, after shaving, I will use after shaving water, or alcohol-free toner.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
He's made 4 posts, no avatar, no signature, doesn't even have a Gladiator, and 1 the posts is about razors and he posts a link... Smells like an advertising bot to me...
Sponsored