Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
Hello all, looking for some help.

last week i started up my 2021 gladiator Mojave and when i did the wind shield wipers turned on. I was unable to turn them off. I also noticed a check engine light, a notification to check the electronic stability control, the turn signals quit responding, the power steering seemed stiffer, none of the buttons on the steering wheel responded, the automatic lights stay on, the SOS buttons don’t work, and the backup camera no longer has the “red, yellow, green” reference lines. I took it to the dealer and they contacted Chrysler about the problem, but haven’t found the culprit yet. Have any of you all had similar problems and if so what was the fix?
Sponsored

Attachments

jludave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Have any of you all had similar problems and if so what was the fix?
As simple as it sounds, these vehicles (the JT and JL) are known to leave the factory with loose fuses and relays. This issue tends to cause all types of weird electrical issues. Open the hood, remove the cover on the fuse box and press down on every fuse and relay to make sure they are fully seated.

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
Mine is currently in the shop for the 3rd time as we speak for this exact issue. I have a 2020 Rubicon and the first time it "freaked out", it was just as you described. They through some parts at it and said it was fixed. 24hrs later I'm right back. Best one was the freak out when my power steering went out going 75mph with my whole family in it. Try controlling it with everyone losing their damn minds.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Any mods done that would have possibly affected the electrical system?

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
As simple as it sounds, these vehicles (the JT and JL) are known to leave the factory with loose fuses and relays. This issue tends to cause all types of weird electrical issues. Open the hood, remove the cover on the fuse box and press down on every fuse and relay to make sure they are fully seated.
I heard about that. I did that last week and no dice. I also tried the reset of disconnecting negative battery cable and pushing the brake, then letting it sit. Talked to dealer today. They checked the clock spring and the batteries. All seemed to be working fine. We will see. Thanks for helping out on this post.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
Mine is currently in the shop for the 3rd time as we speak for this exact issue. I have a 2020 Rubicon and the first time it "freaked out", it was just as you described. They through some parts at it and said it was fixed. 24hrs later I'm right back. Best one was the freak out when my power steering went out going 75mph with my whole family in it. Try controlling it with everyone losing their damn minds.
Oh man. That sounds terrible. What did they do to “fix it”?

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
I heard about that. I did that last week and no dice. I also tried the reset of disconnecting negative battery cable and pushing the brake, then letting it sit. Talked to dealer today. They checked the clock spring and the batteries. All seemed to be working fine. We will see. Thanks for helping out on this post.
Yeah there is probably a short or a ground somewhere. This is what's going to happen. Service is going to have to have it happen with a computer hooked up so that they can collect data. Bad part is, unless you're lottery lucky, it will not happen then. So they just start throwing parts at it guessing. Get Jeep Cares involved ASAP so you will have a case going, because one trip to service is going to be the first of many.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like a common ground issue.

Sponsored

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
None. Only thing i added was the JCR MOLLE PANEL across the top.
someone posted that they ran screws through wiring and I'm almost positive it was installing 1 of those panels?!?!? worth investigating further.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
someone posted that they ran screws through wiring and I'm almost positive it was installing 1 of those panels?!?!? worth investigating further.
You are correct. That would cause a short in the lighting, and possibly more.

OP
OP
Amccash

Amccash

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Paramedic
You are correct. That would cause a short in the lighting, and possibly more.
Talked to the dealer today. Looks like some wires were pinched during the install of the JCR molle panel. They repaired it for a pretty penny but still has an issue or two. They haven’t told me much else. Hopefully fixed soon.
Sponsored