First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
Woohoo! Almost pays for my diesel! Got my build sheet today after placing order on 10/23. Awesome timing...

OP
OP

matbow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
40th Anniversary Edition
Does anyone know if I actually have to use dealer financing to get this discount? Local dealer is telling me I can't use the 2.9% rate and it quoting me a rate of 6% (without even running my credit)...

Sponsored

wrestleben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Does anyone know if I actually have to use dealer financing to get this discount? Local dealer is telling me I can't use the 2.9% rate and it quoting me a rate of 6% (without even running my credit)...
I just bought a '21 Overland today. I got "employee pricing" and a little bit more off. They would not let me get the 2.9%/60 rate through Chrysler. I questioned it more than once. I ended up getting 2.99%/60 from a different bank through the dealer, so I didn't care too much. I have extremely good credit (in the 800's).

wrestleben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Also, I was under the impression that both "employee pricing" and the $1500 rebate could both be used. The dealer said they thought the same but quickly found out they are not able to be used together. I guess some dealers have started quoting these offer together and it's going to cause huge problems.

I was able to use a $500 truecar rebate in addition to the employee price.

Last edited:
OP
OP

matbow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
40th Anniversary Edition
Also, I was under the impression that both "employee pricing" and the $1500 rebate could both be used. The dealer said they thought the same but quickly found out they are not able to be used together. I guess some dealers have started quoting these offer together and it's going to cause huge problems.
So I ran into this today - after I sorted out the financing issue (i.e. not being able to use both the 2.9% rate and the employee discount) they realized they had quoted me a price that also included the $1500 rebate which they said was an error. They agreed to honor it as long as I agreed to the deal today (which I did). I thought this was just sales patter, but I guess it was real. Deal worked out to be 8% below invoice which I'm happy with.

sfurash

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
CPA
When ever I've gone into a dealer to buy a car I've always gotten financing approval on my own, usually through AAA.
Usually at that point the dealer has matched it or did better if they want the financing as they seem to be able to kick back some of their fee to the bank to lower the rate if their bank isn't lower to begin with.
Like everything else though i get his rate before I give him mine as you never know what they will come up with.

Sponsored

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I used a credit union for pre-approval, and got a 3% rate. Then I went to the dealer, told them where I was on financing, left, and came back to a 2.63% rate.
Sold American!

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Hi, was b4 employee price. Copy Window sticker of possible dealer trade one.

20201118_114025.jpg
Huh...
Mine came with Customer Preferred Package 24S, which includes the Premium Front Bumper, and Remote-Start System. The price is the same as the 23S.
The total price difference is the price of the automatic transmission-the price of side steps.

Kevin

Steve608

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 mazdaspeed Mx5
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Huh...
Mine came with Customer Preferred Package 24S, which includes the Premium Front Bumper, and Remote-Start System. The price is the same as the 23S.
The total price difference is the price of the automatic transmission-the price of side steps.

Kevin
Nice, lose the remote start with manual.
Finding a hydro blue in manual is tough! Deal I had I said NO to...they wanted to drive it back about 325 miles...dealer swap.
Trying to work with that dealer or others...continue looking

jsolsd

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (TBD)
Occupation
Solar Industry
Does anyone know how the employee pricing is assessed or works? I have a gladiator on order and negotiated a percentage below invoice + any applicable offers from FCA upon delivery (or at order time). How much does the employee pricing help me or does it not? With the rebates/bonus cash its pretty obvious but not so much with employee pricing.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Just build it out on he
Does anyone know how the employee pricing is assessed or works? I have a gladiator on order and negotiated a percentage below invoice + any applicable offers from FCA upon delivery (or at order time). How much does the employee pricing help me or does it not? With the rebates/bonus cash its pretty obvious but not so much with employee pricing.
Just build it out on Jeep.com and compare the two. Be sure to switch to 2021 and the employee price shows in the summary at the top. Sometime it doesn’t include the options in the main body.
Sponsored