Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sports S
Occupation
Part time docksman
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,
I have a 2020 Gladiator JT Sport with heavy tow and recently I had a major incident happen that has left me puzzled
my truck has no engine mods and has a leveling kit, 33s, & a light bar with 2 spotlights and it started when Friday I when to turn on my truck and I got that feeling you get when your car just doesn't seem to start right (if you know this feeling then you know) it took about 3 seconds to roll over and that's what tip me off at first. I decided to let her sit for a minute to see what happens thinking that it was nothing but the truck was shaking quite a bit. as I pulled out the Start/Stop system threw an error and said to get service soon. I knew something was wrong so I decided to see what was wrong and drive it out. things get worse as the coolant temp meter goes out and the fan goes into hyperdrive and was ready for takeoff. I had only taken it around the block to when I get back home I immediately turn her off to see what's wrong. to the eye nothing was wrong and when I went to start her up again she was back to normal. I ran over to the jeep dealer and they plug her in and said I have a coolant temp error code and a cylinder head error. now officially they have no idea what's wrong and she runs fine now. my theory is that a spark plug didn't ignite and when the truck rolled over that one cylinder head was moving but not producing power. this in turn confused the ECU and as a safety measure kicks the fan into high gear and deactivated Start/Stop system. My main question here is whether 1. if anyone else has had this issue? and 2. is my theory just a stupid guess or could I be on to something? If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it!

Thank you
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This has never happened to me with the Gladiator. But I can tell you that with my previous car, a Volvo S80, over the 10 years I owned it on maybe 5 occasions, it started strange and shook like it was misfiring.

In all cases, I just shut it off, counted to 10 and restarted it and it ran normally for another 2 years. Ha.
Sponsored