First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator / Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Investigator
Anyone else having a problem with their Gladiators? I purchased mine brand new around Memorial Day and it's been in the service department almost half the time I've owned it. Been driving a rental for 30 days. Service is saying that it needs a new engine even before it's first oil change. I'm just wondering because the dealer has washed their hands of the situation and Jeep (corporate) is ignoring my complaints as well.
Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Is it stock? So they can't start blaming things on you. Sounds like something I would be looking at lemon laws for...

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Anyone else having a problem with their Gladiators? I purchased mine brand new around Memorial Day and it's been in the service department almost half the time I've owned it. Been driving a rental for 30 days. Service is saying that it needs a new engine even before it's first oil change. I'm just wondering because the dealer has washed their hands of the situation and Jeep (corporate) is ignoring my complaints as well.
Curious - what is the issue? Mine blew a rod

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah lemon law researching time 30 day is long. unfortunately everything made there will always be that percentage that fails

Looked up some of the lemon law for Texas seems this would apply

30-day test
You pass the 30-day test if your vehicle has been out of service for repair because of a defect covered by the original factory warranty:

• For a total of 30 days or more - not necessarily all at one time - during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles (if a comparable loaner vehicle was provided while the vehicle was being repaired, that time does not count toward the 30 days) a substantial defect still exists.

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
Is it stock? So they can't start blaming things on you. Sounds like something I would be looking at lemon laws for...
It's totally stock. It's been in the shop so much, I haven't had time to do a thing to it. I filed a Lemon Law complaint today. But the dealer is telling me there is "bad batch" of Gladiators out there.

Sponsored

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
It's totally stock. It's been in the shop so much, I haven't had time to do a thing to it. I filed a Lemon Law complaint today. But the dealer is telling me there is "bad batch" of Gladiators out there.
Do you know the MDH#. It's in driver door on big silver sticker.

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
Curious - what is the issue? Mine blew a rod
Started with the stop/start system failure and has progressed to multi-system engine misfire. I have no idea what's wrong with it. From day one, it's got a rough idle and feels like it's going to stall until it warms up. I have no idea if it's ever performed right because it's always been that way.
Yeah lemon law researching time 30 day is long. unfortunately everything made there will always be that percentage that fails

Looked up some of the lemon law for Texas seems this would apply

30-day test
You pass the 30-day test if your vehicle has been out of service for repair because of a defect covered by the original factory warranty:

• For a total of 30 days or more - not necessarily all at one time - during the first 24 months or 24,000 miles (if a comparable loaner vehicle was provided while the vehicle was being repaired, that time does not count toward the 30 days) a substantial defect still exists.
And of course - the dealer gave me a rental which I had to take because I've got to work.

I'm just checking in with other people. The dealer told me there is a bad batch of Gladiators out there. I have a 2012 Wrangler. I bought it brand new. Same engine and never had an issue. So - totally frustrated by this Gladiator.

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
Do you know the MDH#. It's in driver door on big silver sticker.
If I ever get it back, I'll let you know. It's been in the shop for the last month with no return date in sight. They've ordered an engine but it's not even here, yet.

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
Started with the stop/start system failure and has progressed to multi-system engine misfire. I have no idea what's wrong with it. From day one, it's got a rough idle and feels like it's going to stall until it warms up. I have no idea if it's ever performed right because it's always been that way.

And of course - the dealer gave me a rental which I had to take because I've got to work.

I'm just checking in with other people. The dealer told me there is a bad batch of Gladiators out there. I have a 2012 Wrangler. I bought it brand new. Same engine and never had an issue. So - totally frustrated by this Gladiator.
How many miles did yours have when you started having problems?

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
So is it a "comparable" vehicle? (i.e. is it a convertible truck capable of going off-road? Another Gladiator?)

Guess I'm splitting hairs...;)

All kidding aside, I hope they either get it figured out or get you in a new vehicle. I hope it hasn't soured you on the Gladiator altogether as it's been a super fun, great vehicle for most folks. Best of luck, sir!

Sponsored

OP
OP

jmeyers

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investigator
So is it a "comparable" vehicle? (i.e. is it a convertible truck capable of going off-road? Another Gladiator?)

Guess I'm splitting hairs...;)

All kidding aside, I hope they either get it figured out or get you in a new vehicle. I hope it hasn't soured you on the Gladiator altogether as it's been a super fun, great vehicle for most folks. Best of luck, sir!
I'm a lady - but that's okay - no offense taken. and Nope - they gave me a Cherokee which is alright but it's not a Jeep if you know what I mean. I love Jeeps. I have a Wrangler that's been bullet proof so when the Gladiator came out I couldn't wait to get one because I'm tired of the Tacoma (had two of those) and think they're kind of boring. I would love to have a Gladiator that works but definitely dealing with Jeep corporate sucks and I hope no one else has to go through it.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I'm a lady - but that's okay - no offense taken. and Nope - they gave me a Cherokee which is alright but it's not a Jeep if you know what I mean. I love Jeeps. I have a Wrangler that's been bullet proof so when the Gladiator came out I couldn't wait to get one because I'm tired of the Tacoma (had two of those) and think they're kind of boring. I would love to have a Gladiator that works but definitely dealing with Jeep corporate sucks and I hope no one else has to go through it.
Oops...my bad...shoulda noticed your name in your post/profile...

Ma'am...I sincerely wish you the best! :blush:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry Jennifer, to hear of your problems with your Gladiator. What engine is in your Wrangler?

The engine in the Gladiator is proven but every manufacturer has issues with production from time-to-time. I hope you get satisfaction as you work with FCA.