Sponsored

Engine Light Flashing, Stop/Start Light, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC)

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Hey guys, curious if this has happened at all to any of you. I have had my Gladiator for only a couple months. Engine Light Flashing, Stop/Start Light, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) lights all turned on at the same time. Gladiator had a ruff idle when i pulled over. After turning off the Jeep for a minute engine light turned off and it's ran fine since. The stop/start light remained on and so did the ESC. I was no where near a dealer to take it in right away. The next day i drove maybe 30 miles hoping to get it to the dealer with these two remaining lights. On my way they both shut off an worked normal. One other thing i noticed is the traction control function also was not operating while the (ESC) light was on. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Now the Auto start/stop turns on randomly, but of course not when i need it to be so i can test it or run diagnostics.
Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Random, but I would first check battery connections. It's amazing the trouble a poor connection can make. I had my Start/Stop disable once, but I feel it was the hood switch.

OP
OP

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Random, but I would first check battery connections. It's amazing the trouble a poor connection can make. I had my Start/Stop disable once, but I feel it was the hood switch.

Thank you for the feed back, i will check the secondary one tonight. The main was tight and had no corrosion or anything like that. I did not check secondary.
Sponsored