Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Update..
My engine light has not came on for over 800 miles. Last time I was at the dealer they could not figure nothing out and it kept happening mostly on cold starts. I scheduled to bring it back a week later for a "tear down" which concerned me immensely. I talked to Jeep wave and told them I would refuse a teardown until the dealership could prove to me thru testing that the issue was a internal engine problem. I'm still convinced that all these owners having misfire issues has nothing to do with the engine itself but more with a programming or main computer problem or even a module or wiring issue. Mine was intermittent so I would think if it was a true misfire it would happen consistently.
The good thing is the CEL never came back on after 800 miles so hopefully I'm out of the water but I'm still not convinced it will not come back.
I did end up running a tank of premium & a tank of midgrade so maybe that helped?
This is a mystery and I do know from my jeep contacts that the engineers are aware of the issue and that it is happening more than it should so I think at some point there will be a TSB issued but who knows what the fix will be. i'm guessing just a computer update if its not a true internal misfire issue.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
More snafu than fubar. So, dealer must adhere to strict regimen. Where's the innovation? From the owner? Who takes the chance of finding a fix if factory won't and authorized repair wont? I can't remember which brand growing up, but the thing was "oh you've got one of those, better have a good mechanic". Faulty car computer... I lived with it for years on an earlier jeep. You know what? It ran. Mechanic said ignore the idiot light. 225,000 miles. Sorry to hear of these problems!
Sponsored