Sponsored

engine oil on oil filter and below after wheeling

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
so I noticed yesterday after a pretty awesome but also intense wheeling session at Field and Forest in NH with may 25 degree and some off camber situations and somewhat violent rocking sideways that there was oil all around the filter and parts below. cleaned it all up and oil level was defo low so filled that back up again. I could not find any obvious leaks down there and have no idea how oil could get out around the filter. it’s def engine oil. though I also managed to empty my washer fluid without using it ever so there is another mystery.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Can not help you on the oil situation, have not seen it yet. As for the washer fluid, check your reservoir for cracks. I am on my 2nd replacement. Once cracked down by the fitting for the pump hose and this time straight up from that area about three quarters of the way up that same side.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Can not help you on the oil situation, have not seen it yet. As for the washer fluid, check your reservoir for cracks. I am on my 2nd replacement. Once cracked down by the fitting for the pump hose and this time straight up from that area about three quarters of the way up that same side.
It is actually leaking from the filter so probably not right enough or the gasket is fucked. Ordered new filter and will hopefully go on Tuesday. As far as the washer fluid goes it’s defo a leak. Filled up this AM and it’s empty with a big ol puddle. Where did you get the replacement parts ?

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
It is actually leaking from the filter so probably not right enough or the gasket is fucked. Ordered new filter and will hopefully go on Tuesday. As far as the washer fluid goes it’s defo a leak. Filled up this AM and it’s empty with a big ol puddle. Where did you get the replacement parts ?
Yeah you hear about those gaskets sometimes failing. As for the fluid tank, my installer replaced it under warranty. Dorman part number 603-131

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
just to wrap this thread: bad filter housing adapter from the factory. replaced and fixed. Rubitrux was awesome and so were Ratchet Off road. Covered under warranty.
Sponsored