Sponsored

Entire Jeep lineup electrified by end of 2025

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
While the 20th anniversary rubicon was kind of a dull thud for me, the fact that we will either see a 4xe gladiator, or the gladiator will be dead by 2025 was the big news to me out of the press conference. Better start saving my pennies now for Big Red 2.0.
Sponsored

Almost

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD & 09 JKU
I'm interested in the factory air compressor on the 392. I wonder if it can be retrofitted to Gladiators. If they plan on electrifying the Gladiator I wonder where they will choose to put the battery. Cabin storage is already tight so putting it under the backseat like the wrangler would suck.

OP
OP
bleda2002

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I'm interested in the factory air compressor on the 392. I wonder if it can be retrofitted to Gladiators. If they plan on electrifying the Gladiator I wonder where they will choose to put the battery. Cabin storage is already tight so putting it under the backseat like the wrangler would suck.
Onboard air is in the hatch, so unless they plan on putting it in our tailgate no retrofit possible.

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Under the bed is the only location that makes sense given the location in the Wrangler 4XE.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Man I sure hope they dont kill the gladiator….this push for electric is really not going to do well for a lot of people. :-( There is some potential but I have no doubt law and policy will ruin the little bit of decent potential there currently is and turn it into a city truck like the maverick.

Well on the current JT the whole left side is open except for the exhaust. Maybe they will adjust the exhaust routing and use that location kinda like where the LRA tank is currently mounted.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, I did not read into it that ICE would be dead across the Jeep lineup, just that every model will have a electrified variant. I doubt the ICE Gladiator would be phased out by 2025 and as mentioned, probably a 4XE variant or a E-Torque model will be available alongside a ICE model.

There is already starting to be indicators that EV model demand is slowing a bit with current economic realities, charge performance and infrastructure lagging. Ford F-150 lighting is an example. Every Lightning is suppose to be a sold customer order with none slated for dealer ordered sales. There is over 1000 F-150 Lightnings currently listed as being on lots available for sale and that is not "In-Transit" automatic listings either. That is a lot people walking away from their orders.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
performance and infrastructure lagging. Ford F-150 lighting is an example. Every Lightning is suppose to be a sold customer order with none slated for dealer ordered sales. There is over 1000 F-150 Lightnings currently listed as being on lots available for sale and that is not "In-Transit" a
They're walking away because dealers are adding 100k markups when they come in. Serious.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They're walking away because dealers are adding 100k markups when they come in. Serious.
That is some of it but it is not the Lions Share of them. Every Lightning order is suppose to be a MSRP delivery. It is only when the order customer walks away does the dealer ADM become a thing. The F-150 Lightning luster is wearing off because it cannot do real truck things like towing and hauling without losing close to 2/3'rd of it's range capacity. Also, many orders have been walked away from because of close to $20K+ MSRP increases by Ford since launch.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
While the 20th anniversary rubicon was kind of a dull thud for me, the fact that we will either see a 4xe gladiator, or the gladiator will be dead by 2025 was the big news to me out of the press conference. Better start saving my pennies now for Big Red 2.0.
What press conference?

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Keeping my JTM, once paid off its getting LS/LT swapped

Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Keeping my JTM, once paid off its getting LS/LT swapped
Same exact plan for me. Maybe.... just maybe.. a 4BT swap.... blasphemous

OP
OP
bleda2002

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Yeah, I did not read into it that ICE would be dead across the Jeep lineup, just that every model will have a electrified variant. I doubt the ICE Gladiator would be phased out by 2025 and as mentioned, probably a 4XE variant or a E-Torque model will be available alongside a ICE model.
100% agree. The ICE jeeps aren't going anywhere rather they will be offering phevs and evs as well to get to 50% of the brand sales being electrified by 2030. That means the other 50% is still ICE and all those phevs will still have gas engines too.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
They have been advised already numerous times that the EV push will fail as the infrastructure, etc is so far away but there is so much good ole boy deals going on and so much money that they will reap regardless of failure or not that they have no choice but to continue to try to ram it through.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
the fact that we will either see a 4xe gladiator, or the gladiator will be dead by 2025 was the big news to me out of the press conference.
I didn't get this feeling at all. IMO it was a long-winded press conference with nothing new to offer other than another anniversary trim package for the JL line.

In recent interviews with Mopar execs, they have stated that there will continue to be ICE choices across all lines. The big EV push is mainly hype at this point. Once the manufacturers realize the REAL demand for these vehicles, the EV fanfare will quiet down.
Sponsored