ERG electric bed cover…. Any feedback?

Bhoeffner

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jag F Type
Looking for a bed cover and found the ERG electric rolling cover. I like the water tightness, strength of the cover and the fact it ties into the jeeps locking system. Also like that it has the T rails so you can easily add a bed rack. Do any of you guys have the ERG cover and if so what are your thoughts on it so far? Water intrusion is important as we will be putting luggage in the back when we travel, back seat is for the doggo’s.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have an EGR Rolltrac on my 2023 Gladiator, it's a really nice cover. Things that I like, the storage area is large enough for a fair amount of recovery gear, trailer hitch, tools. However you have to be aware that the locking mechanism takes some room on the inside.
The cover is fairly water tight but I would use extra sealing foam to make sure that no water can get under the rails if you pressure wash the mud off of your Jeep. I also have a little water streak down one side of the tailgate. It generally flows down and out.
Mine shipped with the revised control module that uses the factory key fob to open/ close the cover once the doors are locked or unlocked. There are also corner buttons that are operational if the truck is unlocked. Con, a couple times I used the proximity to unlock the front door and hit the button to unlock the other doors and the roll top opened. You have to maintain a delay in time between the "two" unlock commands.
This bed cover seems to be very secure, like a big trunk, lock it and its better than being in the Jeeps interior.
I'm now looking at different bed rack options that install using T-slots.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I just ended up with one of these.
be a while before I get a chance to see whats inside all these boxes.

im excited to try it out though !

image000000.jpeg

Richamby

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just as a note, on EGR's installation video, the drain hole on the passenger side is drilled in the wrong place. He drills it on the bossed area transition. Neither drain hole is drilled in that location. Use the measurements in the instructions.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Just as a note, on EGR's installation video, the drain hole on the passenger side is drilled in the wrong place. He drills it on the bossed area transition. Neither drain hole is drilled in that location. Use the measurements in the instructions.
Thank you! My Jeep is heading out for a build very soon ill pass along this info
Sponsored