Sponsored

ERG Sport Bar with factory tonneau cover?

Istvanwalker

First Name
Istvan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone have any first hand experience (or wild speculation) with installing a ERG Sport Bar with the factory canvas rolling tonneau cover? I love the simplicity of this particular sport bar, but don't want to spend the extra money on their fancy sliding tonneau cover. Their installation instructions make it seem like it might be possible with another type of bracket, but I don't want to take a risk w/ the purchase unless I know it would work.
Sponsored

ggdillon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, Sweet Honda CRV HondaLodge
I have no first hand experience with either your tonneau or the EGR Sport Bar (so you might as well stop reading), but I'll commiserate a bit and if you post a picture of your tonneau I'd be happy to enage in wild speculation and propose many different solutions, each cheaper and more easily implemented than the last.

I love the EGR tonneau and sport bar combo. I think it looks sharp and would get me most of what I need to provide a rear support to carry a canoe over the cab of a soft top while still providing protected storage over the bed that get's out of the way when I need to carry firewood or large objects with the possibility of mounting a low profile cargo deck just above the tonneau. But the EGR tonneau is just too pricey. I bought a roll-n-lock for half the price (and that's still pricey!) and am trying to figure a way to make something that will work with it, but it's not easy.

I did take a look at the EGR sport bar installation instructions. I made a mental note of how I might integrate it into the roll-n-lock. Now, if I only had welder and mill and the skills to use both, I might actually be able to make it happen.