First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Meeting Attender and Email Responder
Hello all, I've had my JT since April of 2021 and love it. I added a Magnuson supercharger a couple months ago and have been a little disappointed in the performance. Specifically, it doesn't feel that much more powerful than before. I reinstalled the Banks Pedal Monster I had pre-supercharger and it made it more responsive and I recently added a Tazer Mini, which lets me show a vac/boost gauge in the EVIC. The motor spends most of its time in vacuum, but if I get on it, goes to boost. The most I've seen is about 3 psi and it's 100% noticeable when it goes to boost. But it doesn't seem to want to stay there. I've felt this towing and now seeing the data kind of puts things together.

I've never had a supercharged vehicle before but my results don't seem as positive as some others I've read about. I'm running the initial tune from Magnuson and haven't been able to get tuning support, other than them asking me (twice) if I'm running a snorkel or something else that may restrict airflow - I'm not - I'm using the maggie air tube and stock air box. The vehicle has about 8,000 miles and is only running 33" tires with a front leveling kit.

I feel like it's a tuning issue but that's just a guess. Any advice?
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
IMO.. Contact Magnuson about what you are experiencing; they might have a corrected Tune.

MarylandMojave

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Self
The stock Magnuson tune sucks, there’s a guy on this board with the tune you want. Search Magnuson and there’s a great thread on it

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
I run a "stock" Maggie tune on a maggie dealer install. I want the warranty so I have been hesitant to change anything.

My truck is not a daily driver so I have apx 1000-1500 miles on it now.

Over all, if your foots not in it, no you don't really "notice" it. But 0-60 went from 10.5 to 7.2, that's noticeable. I bet I could break 6 if I try/launch right.

What I do notice is merging, is a lot faster, easier, and I hit speed a lot earlier; 70 say. At speed movement, rolling passing, is awesome now. I rarely am over 5k rpm, I just don't drive that way, but the giddy up at 70-rolling to 90 is fantastic. I'm out west our speed limit is 80, passing trucks etc can hit 90 fairly ez.

Tune things; It was wonky at first, I'm not sure if there is a shift relearn or what but it liked to hold shifting till 5k all the time, that seems to have gone away.

It's def different cold than warm. Once warm lower speed stuff, 0-40mph or 25-30mph is much smother starting cruising etc.

I had an issue w my stop start and remote start not working either, when warm. I simply turned off the stop start but the remote start issue has gone away. That said it's now 90+ deg ambient out now vs 30's when I had it installed, not sure if it's gone or the factors changed that caused it.

Over all? I'm happy. Like all of us I'm now warry of the valve train on this guy, but I have 0 noise, 0 warnings, 0 knock, pings or anything at any rpm. so #knock-on-wood.
Sponsored