Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I have the Evo Mfg 2.5" Overland Stage 1 kit on my Sport w/ Max Tow. Fellow forum member @Renegade has the Daystar 2" kit. We noticed that my Gladiator sits significantly higher than his -- definitely higher than the 1/2 inch that supposedly separates the lifts -- so we decided to measure the front springs under weight.

With his 2" spacers factored in, my springs were still 2" longer! It's safe to say that I got around 4.5" from the front Evo springs, not 2.5".

Thankfully, I'm really happy with the height and the kit -- I'd do it again in a heartbeat. However, I did think that it would be nice to finally give some real information on the whole "true height of the Evo lift" conversation. @Renegade may be able to offer more info!

P1020211-Edit.jpg
Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
None of the trucks together, but I can get one next time I see him. Here's one of mine, though (kinda).

IMG_20191013_091700_385.jpg
Considering you have 38`s that looks more like their 4.5 lift.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Considering you have 38`s that looks more like their 4.5 lift.
It does, but it isn't. For comparison sake, here's a post from Evo's Instagram of their 4.5" with 38s. Keep in mind that my rear fenders are trimmed, making it look higher in the rear.

Screenshot_20191025-153542.png

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
It does, but it isn't. For comparison sake, here's a post from Evo's Instagram of their 4.5" with 38s. Keep in mind that my rear fenders are trimmed, making it look higher in the rear.

Screenshot_20191025-153542.png
I see what your saying. Your truck looks better.

giraffemode

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Telecom Program Mgr.
+1 your rig looks awesome @smoverland

My buddy put a Evo lift with King shocks on his JL and it rides way better than my Teraflex lift and shocks. I was was hoping for a 3.5" lift from Evo for the JT to go with my planned 37s but it looks like 2.5" will be fine.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Thanks, I appreciate it!

+1 your rig looks awesome @smoverland

My buddy put a Evo lift with King shocks on his JL and it rides way better than my Teraflex lift and shocks. I was was hoping for a 3.5" lift from Evo for the JT to go with my planned 37s but it looks like 2.5" will be fine.
Thanks!

At the end of the day, it's personable preference, but with the true height of the 2.5", I think it's more than enough for 37s!

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I would take into account that @Renegade has at least 100# more weight over the front axle, contributing to his lower front end. But, 2" is still 2" and you got a good deal from your EVO lift.

I have the Daystar lift in it's box in my garage waiting for installation, but I don't see the point in installing it if it just gets pulled 6 months down the line for a much taller lift. For now, I am trying to make due as a stock rig, but it isn't easy nor enjoyable. At least I have my TJ Rubicon for more technical trails - minus the creature comforts of my JTR.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I would take into account that @Renegade has at least 100# more weight over the front axle, contributing to his lower front end. But, 2" is still 2" and you got a good deal from your EVO lift.

I have the Daystar lift in it's box in my garage waiting for installation, but I don't see the point in installing it if it just gets pulled 6 months down the line for a much taller lift. For now, I am trying to make due as a stock rig, but it isn't easy nor enjoyable. At least I have my TJ Rubicon for more technical trails - minus the creature comforts of my JTR.
That's very true, we didn't factor in the added weight of the bumper/winch. I think spring compression from that weight is probably pretty nominal, so the difference in heights is still absurd considering the marketed difference of 1/2 inch.

Can't wait to see what you have planned for yours! Nothing wrong with staying stock, especially when these things are impressively capable without significant modification.

Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to say, stock sucks. Even my wife told me one morning that she wants me to lift the Gladiator so that we won't get hung up on small rocks. Out west, you literally can't go on anything but sand and dirt roads without some sort of lift.

The OEMs tackled the Rubicon on stock JTRs but I don't know how much fun they actually had doing so. That said, I want to enjoy myself and hit the usual trails here in California and Baja California without any difficulties. Upgrades are coming, but I also want to get my wife a new JLU.

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I'm going to say, stock sucks. Even my wife told me one morning that she wants me to lift the Gladiator so that we won't get hung up on small rocks. Out west, you literally can't go on anything but sand and dirt roads without some sort of lift.

The OEMs tackled the Rubicon on stock JTRs but I don't know how much fun they actually had doing so. That said, I want to enjoy myself and hit the usual trails here in California and Baja California without any difficulties. Upgrades are coming, but I also want to get my wife a new JLU.
Trying to spread positivity :LOL:

I feel you, though. We were confined to what equated to forest roads until we threw on the lift and tires. Changing that breakover angle is a must with these trucks.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trying to spread positivity :LOL:

I feel you, though. We were confined to what equated to forest roads until we threw on the lift and tires. Changing that breakover angle is a must with these trucks.
I'm the guy that organizes extreme, week-long Baja trail runs that break well-built Jeeps on the hardest trails south of the border. And to not be able to handle baby trails like Berdoo Canyon road into Joshua Tree was a first for me. I lead that trail run every January and I hope to do so in my JTR. If I can't run the usual obstacles that stop the IFS SUVs, I'll get heckled out there.

Baja Pole Line Road - Basketball Hill
G9G5ll7.jpg

Baja - Matomi Canyon

l09nVOi.jpg

OP
OP
smoverland

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
I'm the guy that organizes extreme, week-long Baja trail runs that break well-built Jeeps on the hardest trails south of the border. And to not be able to handle baby trails like Berdoo Canyon road into Joshua Tree was a first for me. I lead that trail run every January and I hope to do so in my JTR. If I can't run the usual obstacles that stop the IFS SUVs, I'll get heckled out there.

Baja Pole Line Road - Basketball Hill
G9G5ll7.jpg

Baja - Matomi Canyon

l09nVOi.jpg
Looks like a blast! We'll have to hit you up if we ever make our way out there.

gladi8or_jt

First Name
Jazzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
if it get the 2.5" evo springs and considering it nets to 4.5" which length of fox shocks should i purchase ?
  1. SHOCK FRONT, 2-3IN LIFT
  2. SHOCK FRONT, 3.5-4IN LIFT
  3. SHOCK FRONT, 4.5-6IN LIFT

Sponsored