Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Nice. Not many ppl would know who they are. Obviously great taste in music and vehicles. You had me listening to them at 1:30 in the morning. Great looking build.
I learned about them in the mid 80s reading the "Hair" issue of MAXIMUMROCKNROLL when they started to crossover into thrash metal from Hardcore punk. My wife has now been to see more classic punk shows than most women we know.haha
Sponsored

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
I learned about them in the mid 80s reading the "Hair" issue of MAXIMUMROCKNROLL when they started to crossover into thrash metal from Hardcore punk. My wife has now been to see more classic punk shows than most women we know.haha
Thats awesome! I completely forget how I came upon them in early 90's but I remember there were only a select few of us lucky enough to experience that. I try to get to shows but rarely happens these days. Saw the vandals not long ago, was super awesome, but definitely made me look at my own mortality seeing how old they had gotten lol (harsh I know). GOOD MEMORIES! Your rig looks amazing and sorry if taking away from it at all, but damn that t shirt made me smile.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm taking my wife to visit her best friend in the Long Beach area this afternoon. I aired the front tires down from 34 p.s.i. to 25 p.s.i. and the rear tires from 34 p.s.i. to 30 p.s.i. (for slightly better mileage). Driving around town yesterday, the steering wheel 'squirmed' a few times due to the high p.s.i. over irregular portions of asphalt. Because I commute 70-80 mi./day, the steering and tires have to be dialed-in for the freeways with the occasional potholes. I'll let everyone know how these 38" Patagonia's perform on the 91 freeway at speed.

xkZp2iSl.jpg

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats awesome! I completely forget how I came upon them in early 90's but I remember there were only a select few of us lucky enough to experience that. I try to get to shows but rarely happens these days. Saw the vandals not long ago, was super awesome, but definitely made me look at my own mortality seeing how old they had gotten lol (harsh I know). GOOD MEMORIES! Your rig looks amazing and sorry if taking away from it at all, but damn that t shirt made me smile.
Time doesn't stand still. That is what I am learning. So, experience the rush of a good build, see those bands one last time before it's all too late.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm taking my wife to visit her best friend in the Long Beach area this afternoon. I aired the front tires down from 34 p.s.i. to 25 p.s.i. and the rear tires from 34 p.s.i. to 30 p.s.i. (for slightly better mileage). Driving around town yesterday, the steering wheel 'squirmed' a few times due to the high p.s.i. over irregular portions of asphalt. Because I commute 70-80 mi./day, the steering and tires have to be dialed-in for the freeways with the occasional potholes. I'll let everyone know how these 38" Patagonia's perform on the 91 freeway at speed.

xkZp2iSl.jpg

Looks great!

you’re running 25psi in front and 30psi in back? How’d you decide on those psi’s?

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great!

you’re running 25psi in front and 30psi in back? How’d you decide on those psi’s?
I have been following other users on this forum with same sized Patagonias. Their consensus was 26#. The rear axle numbers are not as psi critical in my estimation, so 30# over the rear axle.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shakedown run this Saturday Jan.18th into Joshua Tree National Park. I posted run info on the So Cal run section of this forum and at Facebook.com/BerdooCanyonRoad

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I have been following other users on this forum with same sized Patagonias. Their consensus was 26#. The rear axle numbers are not as psi critical in my estimation, so 30# over the rear axle.
I'm betting that 26ish ends up being a pretty good number.
I'm running 28 all around on my 37s and happy.
Lookin good dude!

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Shakedown run this Saturday Jan.18th into Joshua Tree National Park. I posted run info on the So Cal run section of this forum and at Facebook.com/BerdooCanyonRoad
Cool looking forward to seeing in in action. I have never been down to Joshua Tree. What are the trails like there? It’s about 5 and half hours from me

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool looking forward to seeing in in action. I have never been down to Joshua Tree. What are the trails like there? It’s about 5 and half hours from me
These are mostly historical mining roads meant for exploring. Nothing hardcore, per se. The hardcore trails have been closed and turned into mountain bike trails (Rockhouse Canyon) unfortunately. A few guys from the forum are going. I will have my wife snap some pictures.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I experienced some shimmy and discovered that my tie rod ends were fairly loose. I purchased a simple Fox steering stabilizer for $150 that fits in the stock location and with the tie rod ends carefully torqued, the problem completely went away.

OP
OP
Desert Outlaw

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trail shots - Saturday January 18th with @ndn384 and @willemlock

N2HEaCN.jpg

This Gladiator works so well on the trail. It is quiet and comfortable on the street, and carried all of our necessities so effortlessly. It was the perfect weekend 'wheeler.

7swbQkz.jpg

UN1iOSC.jpg

MPYBZy3.jpg

jlXxpAf.jpg

AcO63GB.jpg

CCqkmBK.jpg

GuacXdP.jpg
Sponsored