Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I'll keep it short. It's tuned by EOC on a PCM I had cloned at Jeep. Lost 110-ish lbs. of weight, picked up roughly 80hp/140tq at the wheels. The truck absolutely rips.

Sponsored

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
Sounds great👍 Any quirky engine behavior after the tune or all still smooth but more power on tap?

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
picked up roughly 80hp/140tq at the wheels.
Nice!
Post the dyno graph?
0-60?
Need a cold start vid.
Did you leave anything in the exhaust or straight pipe it out the back? As above, I'm also curious about backpressure loss.

I've gotten curious where the choke points are with the ecoD because it seems obvious it has serious breathing restrictions, and exactly how much each area limits the 3.0's potential.
DPF?
Cat/ res/ mufflers?
TB/ intake?
Turbo?

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Sounds great👍 Any quirky engine behavior after the tune or all still smooth but more power on tap?
I've only got a few hundred miles on it post tune, so far zero hiccups and smooth as can be despite not opting for any tranny tuning. I haven't had any issues with the OEM shift points etc. and I didn't want to introduce another layer of complexity (not running a tazer or anything either). I'm back to making up excuses to drive it all the time. I never really fell out of love with the truck but the honeymoon has restarted that's for sure : o )

@Pescatoral Pursuit - I'm looking to get it on the dyno in the coming weeks. It's nearly a 2 hour drive so just waiting on another reason to head out that way.

Jeep Gladiator Exhaust note when uncorked. BBD4F218-A87F-4A21-9E7E-7AA3FFAECF62

Sinner05

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco ‘22 Gladiator
Where did you buy the exhaust?

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Get any MPG gains? Any different in temps? I would highly recommend the trans tune. EOC actually says the trans tune makes the biggest difference.

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Get any MPG gains? Any different in temps? I would highly recommend the trans tune. EOC actually says the trans tune makes the biggest difference.
Picked up an additional 2.5 to 3 MPG right out of the gate but that's purely in and around our area. We have a trip to WV then NC coming up, hoping to see 4+ on the highway.

Temps haven't been an issue for the truck so I haven't been keeping track. I performed an oil change just after I wrapped up everything. I poured about a tablespoon onto a paper towel and let it spread. I was shocked at how much soot is actually in the oil, as it absorbs and spreads you can actually see it and this was only at 5,200 miles. Near 50k total on the truck. I have to believe that soot laden oil doesn't help temp issues. It has always looked black but I had never actually examined it closely. I marked the mileage with a sharpie on the paper towel and taped it to my bench, I'm going to do the same with the next oil change to see how the oil clears up over time. I know the walls are covered in soot still, after I drained the old oil I filled it with backup 5w-40 FRAM branded oil that I had laying around and drove it about 5 miles. I drained that and couldn't believe how black it was from the old stuff's residue. Waste of oil I know, but I'm pretty done running soot through it and I got that FRAM on sale. Anyhow, I then drained that and filled up with Amsoil 5w-40 FS.

The tranny tune is tempting, Chris at EOC never mentioned it making a bigger difference than the engine tune, only that the tranny tune really shines when combined with the engine tune. I may re-visit it again in the future. Cost is fairly low on it and I do like that I can apply & remove it whenever I want unlike the bench flashed PCM. Stock trans shifting just doesn't suck enough for me to feel introducing more tuning is worth it right now but yeah, that could change.
Sponsored