First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
When I did my build I put in an Afe Apollo GT high tuck exhaust and after a month or so it’s not doing it for me. Not throaty enough (I know it’s only a v6). I had a Borla s type on my JL that I liked but wanted something different. What do you all recommend for a good, throaty sound but not too crazy loudness wise and minimal drone?
Sponsored

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
If you want more, AWE seems to be the way to go. KurtP has one thats well documented and he loves it. Check it out on youtube.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
If you want more, AWE seems to be the way to go. KurtP has one thats well documented and he loves it. Check it out on youtube.
I second the AWE recommendation. Have had the AWE Trail Edition on the Mojave for about 1,300 miles so far. Sounds really good at idle. Has nice tone without any drone going up through the gears & normal cruising down the road. Stand on it, and it is Awesome!! :rock:

CO3_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I second the AWE recommendation. Have had the AWE Trail Edition on the Mojave for about 1,300 miles so far. Sounds really good at idle. Has nice tone without any drone going up through the gears & normal cruising down the road. Stand on it, and it is Awesome!! :rock:
Looking at the AWE as well - thoughts on Trail vs Tread Exhaust? How does the trail sound at cruising hwy speeds in the interior?

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I tried Gibson and AWE. Borla sounds raspy to me but a lot of guys like it.
Gibson was too quiet and the AWE was loud but not throaty, reminded me kind of an Japanese import muffler.
I spent 100 and got the perfect exhaust using the stock stuff. I’m going to post a few videos and pictures this week.
Loud when you gun it and quieter than AWE when driving normally.
Sounds much more throaty and aggressive at WOT than AWE and like AWE at WOT you get the gurgle/pops at shift points. Best part is that it only cost me 100 for a muffler shop to weld the exit to the rear.

2679264E-EA60-45BE-820D-F4189883D2DA.jpeg

98F22386-6A4E-40EB-A8A5-D75EE8B56915.jpeg

Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Looking at the AWE as well - thoughts on Trail vs Tread Exhaust? How does the trail sound at cruising hwy speeds in the interior?
I believe both systems use the same muffler & resonator, with the only real difference being the tail pipes.
At cruising speed on level ground it's really not that noticable in the cabin. Going up a grade, or under a load you hear it growl a bit, but it's not objectionable.
Kurt P posted some really good videos in another thread on the AWE exhaust that give excellent sound samples from both inside & outside the truck. (I'm not sure how to put a link to that thread in this post, but if you do a search it will come up.) That is what ultimately helped me decide to go this route, and am very happy with the result.

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
I tried Gibson and AWE. Borla sounds raspy to me but a lot of guys like it.
Gibson was too quiet and the AWE was loud but not throaty, reminded me kind of an Japanese import muffler.
I spent 100 and got the perfect exhaust using the stock stuff. I’m going to post a few videos and pictures this week.
Loud when you gun it and quieter than AWE when driving normally.
Sounds much more throaty and aggressive at WOT than AWE and like AWE at WOT you get the gurgle/pops at shift points. Best part is that it only cost me 100 for a muffler shop to weld the exit to the rear.

Jeep Gladiator Exhaust Recommendation 98F22386-6A4E-40EB-A8A5-D75EE8B56915

Jeep Gladiator Exhaust Recommendation 98F22386-6A4E-40EB-A8A5-D75EE8B56915
look forward to hearing it

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
aFe has youtube videos with exhaust sounds of their various exhaust systems. Pull up the rock basher system, for example.

CO3_Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I believe both systems use the same muffler & resonator, with the only real difference being the tail pipes.
At cruising speed on level ground it's really not that noticable in the cabin. Going up a grade, or under a load you hear it growl a bit, but it's not objectionable.
Kurt P posted some really good videos in another thread on the AWE exhaust that give excellent sound samples from both inside & outside the truck. (I'm not sure how to put a link to that thread in this post, but if you do a search it will come up.) That is what ultimately helped me decide to go this route, and am very happy with the result.
Awesome! Thank you - appreciate the insight.

OP
OP
robd1438

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
one more question, would a CAI help with the sound of my existing exhaust (AFE Apollo) or should I just get a different exhaust to get a bettter sound

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
one more question, would a CAI help with the sound of my existing exhaust (AFE Apollo) or should I just get a different exhaust to get a bettter sound
It may change the sound. I installed the Mopar CAI a couple months ago, with the stock exhaust. It seems to growl just a little louder. I chose Mopar because it keeps the lower stock airbox and let's you choose OEM or washable filter. The air inlet in the side of the hood is also optional.
Sponsored