Extang 2.0 Installed - Big improvement

ksh67

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Sport S - Ordered 8/7, delivered 9/9
I installed the Extang 2.0 hard tri-fold bed cover on my JT today. I had the previous version on my Silverado and was pretty happy with it so decided to keep in the Extang family. Man the 2.0 is super easy to install compared to the 1.0. Pretty much you put it on top of your rails folded at the front of the bed, line it up, then unfold it. Then you check alignment at all 4 corners. Once you got it where you want it you fold it up again. There are 2 clamps at the front with turn screws. You slide it to the rail side fold it down so it is flush and then hand tighten it down. It helps keep alignment if you tighten a little on each side at a time. Then unfold, move to the front and then you grab the handles of the rear clamps which are spring loaded. Pull the handle out, slide flush against the bed rail and then let handle up. The spring pulls the hook on the handle up under the bedrail and secures it. That is it - done. Took me about 25 minutes the first time by my self.

Big improvement over 1.0 with had a separate rail with slots that had to be clamped on each side then the top had to be pivoted into place and locked down front and back. It worked well but was a little loose at times and tricky to get off sometimes by yourself.

If you are thinking about getting a hard tri fold I would consider the Extang 2.0

20190913_165703.jpg

20190913_165719.jpg

20190913_165746.jpg

20190913_165750.jpg
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I have an Extang cover on my F-350 with the 8 ft. bed. It has been pretty durable and I take it off and on quite a bit.

I imagine the panels are considerably lighter on the Glad!