Extend Brake lines...

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Maybe because the gladiator is new, but I’ve been told different things regarding brake lines. In fact, there’s a whole thread of someone here running a 3.5” lift with responses that they
—extended lines—aren’t necessary. I have a 2.5” evo lift with falcon 3.1 shocks—and when my back rear tire is at full droop, those lines are tight! Enough to make me consider installing the longer brake lines—does anyone know if there are brackets available like the JK had so I don’t have to open up the system? I like the way my brakes work now and would hate to soften them up by installing new lines.

3F11B7C2-30DD-4428-BEF5-10491B7EA9A2.jpeg
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe because the gladiator is new, but I’ve been told different things regarding brake lines. In fact, there’s a whole thread of someone here running a 3.5” lift with responses that they
—extended lines—aren’t necessary. I have a 2.5” evo lift with falcon 3.1 shocks—and when my back rear tire is at full droop, those lines are tight! Enough to make me consider installing the longer brake lines—does anyone know if there are brackets available like the JK had so I don’t have to open up the system? I like the way my brakes work now and would hate to soften them up by installing new lines.

Jeep Gladiator Extend Brake lines... 3F11B7C2-30DD-4428-BEF5-10491B7EA9A2
I just had my lift installed & picked up the truck today. My installer specifically pointed out that he modified the rear brackets to give enough slack as the Clayton 2.5" kit like the Evo is way more then the advertised height. He said he tested full droop both ways & was good. So you may look to see what you can do to give extra slack from what you already have.

OP
OP
Jems007

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just had my lift installed & picked up the truck today. My installer specifically pointed out that he modified the rear brackets to give enough slack as the Clayton 2.5" kit like the Evo is way more then the advertised height. He said he tested full droop both ways & was good. So you may look to see what you can do to give extra slack from what you already have.
That’s good to know. Do you know what he did? can you send me a photo of what yours looks like?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s good to know. Do you know what he did? can you send me a photo of what yours looks like?
I will try to grab a couple photos tomorrow. not sure what he did, but I checked it out while it was still up & there was about a 1/2" of slack when they were fully extended.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
The front lines can easily be routed in such a way that you have plenty of slack(Even with 14" travel coilovers). I've found the rears on the JT need extended brake lines with most longer aftermarket shocks as there is no easy way to really relocate them. Just my 2c

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I have no ideal what actually changed, but here they are.

Jeep Gladiator Extend Brake lines... IMG_0741
Jeep Gladiator Extend Brake lines... IMG_0742

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Odd, that looks stock to me. The metal line above the frame, a 90 down, then the bracket where it joins the hose. Can't move the bracket because of the steel line being formed like that.
But I agree - my hoses were at MAX stretch just swapping springs. There's a lot up front, not so much in the rear.
I could be all wet (even though we are in a drought) but that looks fully stock, I don't see what's moved.

OP
OP
Jems007

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Looks stock to me, too. I was thinking he might have bent the bracket down a bit to make up for the tightness, but it doesn't look bent at all. Such a shame Jeep couldn't afford to add another 1-2 " of brake line--weird they allowed it up front but not in the rear.
Sponsored