Extended warranty after purchase

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone bought an extended factory warranty after purchasing their gladiator? I purchased an extended warranty for my prior F150 through a separate dealer online for about $900 less than the selling dealer wanted. Is this something Gupton offers at a good rate?
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I bought my warranty after purchase just as many others have. Shop around for prices. Then call Tom Winkels for the best and final price.

[email protected]
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I bought my warranty after purchase just as many others have. Shop around for prices. Then call Tom Winkels for the best and final price.

[email protected]
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
Awesome! Thanks for the info and for your quick response!

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

[email protected]
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
Thanks for this post. I've kicked around the idea of a warranty for the past half year and have gotten a couple of quotes, but never acted on them. I sent Tom an email today and he called me this evening. I now have a 7 year unlimited miles Mopar warranty, and the price was exactly what I was wanting.

Seriously, once again - thank you for the post. Tom is one of the good guys.

Sponsored

Atch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Painter
Thanks for this post. I've kicked around the idea of a warranty for the past half year and have gotten a couple of quotes, but never acted on them. I sent Tom an email today and he called me this evening. I now have a 7 year unlimited miles Mopar warranty, and the price was exactly what I was wanting.

Seriously, once again - thank you for the post. Tom is one of the good guys.
How much was it?

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How much was it?
I’m not sure I should say publicly, but if you’re halfway thinking about it then I would suggest reaching out to him for a quote before making your decision.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor

[email protected]
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
Bought one from Tom. Canceled the one I bought from my local dealer. 8yr. 125000 miles. $100 deductible

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey y'all - I just stumbled onto this tidbit of info from the protection plan section of the Mopar website.

To paraphrase, it says that if your vehicle is either repossessed or "rendered a total loss" and you financed it with your new Jeep at the point of purchase, then you don't get the refund of the unused part of the plan. It actually goes to the lienholder. However, if you didn't finance it with your new Jeep, then YOU get the refund directly.

Something to think about right there. If you buy it from the dealer when you buy your Jeep, rolling it into your payments can carry some risk along with it.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
This truck was the first vehicle I’ve ever purchased the extended warranty on. I drive a lot of miles, at 56,000 and just over two years of ownership.

There are things I wish I knew when I bought the extended warranty through the dealer but at this point I’m glad I have it!

I’ve used it four times so far and being that it was purchased through the dealership they work really well with that company and are able to make sure things are covered under it. The dealer was even able to get the extended warranty to cover a complete brake replacement after the factory warranty had expired… And they never once complained about any of the alterations I made to the truck including the larger tires.

so I would say, as food for thought, possibly going with the warranty through your dealer may work out in your favor if you intend to get service at that dealership.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

[email protected]
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
I just bought from Tom yesterday, and I'm at 1 year & 26,000 miles.
He was able to beat any other deals I saw by at least 20%.

Kevin

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I'll be calling Tom again myself in the near future. My 2020 Punk'n is totaled. So, I picked up a 21 Rubicon.

I put in for the refund on the 2020 warranty but have not heard back from them yet.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Bought one from Tom. Canceled the one I bought from my local dealer. 8yr. 125000 miles. $100 deductible
I've been trying to do that but Autonation has been pulling out all the stops to try to prevent me from canceling and giving me my money back

Pilot425

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Pilot
With the extended warranty that you are referring to, does it cover the exhaust system? With having the ecodiesel there are lots of components to go bad in that system.
Sponsored