EZ Oil Drain Valve

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Is anybody using the EZ oil Drain Valve? What model number fits the 3.6? I looked at the manufacturer website, but its not clear. Looks like maybe the EZ-106 may fit.

https://www.ezoilchangevalve.com/jeep.html
Sponsored

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I'm not using one but I have considered it on other vehicles.

Bottomline: It ain't that hard to remove a regular drain plug and there's NO chance of a regular drain plug "failing" and running the engine out of oil.

On a Jeep actually used off road the chance of this thing failing or being damaged is multiplied by something like 10x I would think.

pcrawfordpt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
PT
I have one on my TJ and considered pitting one on the JT, but after looking how far it would hang down on the already low oil pan, it looks like a major issue...would easily break off on a rock. If I ever put on a skid plate, then I would do it.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I used the Fumoto valve. Correct thread is M14x1.5 which are the 106 series for Fumoto.
I hear the above criticisms. The oil valve is higher than numerous other vital parts and is pretty out of the way unless you’re hitting pretty big rocks.
I’ve gone down rough roads in 4wd and scraped the factory skids and my lower control arm skids.
Yes, I do still plan on adding an oil pan skid to protect this and the transmission coolant lines.
I get the whole just use the stock plug. But, it really is nice to hook this up and drain the pan with zero spills and zero oil going down my arm.

Fumoto Original F106S with LC-10 Lever Clip FS-Series Engine Oil Drain Valve, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D99BSPX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_bpIDJXrSttLy1
And the hose kit
HOSE KIT FOR 3/8" ID NIPPLE FUMOTO VALVES https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JTEOQAC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_pGCFaTkacz8MD

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
EZ Oil Drain valve is a made in China rip off the Made in Japan Fumoto valve design. If you are going to get that style of drain valve, much better off getting the Fumoto valve.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Another with a Fumoto here. Installed it during the oil change I did around the time I installed my skids so zero concern of it being hit and the design is as such that sudden failure really isn't possible. Might develop a leak but I've yet to hear of someone having that issue.

Makes oil changes insanely quick and easy and no turning wrenches under the truck.

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I've run Fumoto in the past and live it very much. Free oil changes on the JT means I don't care so much about ease of draining it.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Thanks for this reminder thread :) Just ordered the Fumoto with long nipple for next oil change. I had one on my FJC for 5 years with no issues and ZERO leaks/spills. I'm also not running skids so I'll keep an eye on it next time wheeling.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Yeah, the ValvoMax does stick out but about the same as the Fumoto.
I had a oil pan/ tran skid on my JKU. I wouldn't have used the fumoto without it.
Only issue I see with the valvomax and skid is making sure the hole in the skid is big enough to fit that adapter drain hose.

That being said, I've yet to find a stand alone oil pan skid for the JT.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Update: I installed the Fumoto F106N valve yesterday. Fits perfectly and no fuss on install.

I will note that I used a 19mm crow's foot to torque down the valve to the OEM plug spec = 20 ft/lb

Fumoto's instructions say finger tight then 1/8 turn. I feel like this was closer to a 1/2 turn using the OEM torque spec. Just wanted to mention it as I am a big fan of following torque specs.

Jeep Gladiator EZ Oil Drain Valve 1625758719645

Jeep Gladiator EZ Oil Drain Valve 1625758772221

Jeep Gladiator EZ Oil Drain Valve 1625758798216
Sponsored