Sponsored

f150 size vs Gladiator

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
This past weekend I rode for 4 hours in the middle of the back seat between two 250+ pound buddies in a friends 2018 F150 SXT. HOLY COW is that spacious and quite comfortable. Leg room for days, AC blowing right on me, cup holders nice and convenient. Even sandwiched between to large men, we all had enough space.

I'm not saying I'm not buying a JT now, but wow I wonder what the back seat in the JT will feel like. (only sat in a jeep rear seat once like 15 years ago. It'll be interested to see how big the JT interior is. Luckily only a 2 and 5 year old will sit back there most of the time.
Sponsored

Cwd56

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That's an apples to oranges comparison though. I love my JT so far.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
That's an apples to oranges comparison though. I love my JT so far.
Oh, absolutely. I guess i didn't have much reason to post this thread, but i was just amazed how much room a modern full size truck has.

you are right, apples to oranges.

I can see how many would be interested in all that space if they didn't really need the offroading capability, or if they weren't super excited about the convertible top.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
@steffen707
I think I am one of the minority going the other way. I have a power wagon now and am going to the JT. All I see plastered all over Facebook and other outlets is "why would you pay that much when you can get x model full size truck for less" . My power wagon is very spacious and I have had 6 in it. But it sucks parking in the airport garage, which I do every week, and the 11 to 12 mpg is getting old just hauling me around. I sold my boat so I don't need the 2500 anymore and I have really missed having a Jeep. The whole removable top and doors thing, ya know. Plus I challenge anyone to show me ANY vehicle with a stronger aftermarket than a Jeep.

Cwd56

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
@steffen707
I think I am one of the minority going the other way. I have a power wagon now and am going to the JT. All I see plastered all over Facebook and other outlets is "why would you pay that much when you can get x model full size truck for less" . My power wagon is very spacious and I have had 6 in it. But it sucks parking in the airport garage, which I do every week, and the 11 to 12 mpg is getting old just hauling me around. I sold my boat so I don't need the 2500 anymore and I have really missed having a Jeep. The whole removable top and doors thing, ya know. Plus I challenge anyone to show me ANY vehicle with a stronger aftermarket than a Jeep.
I went the other way too. I traded my 2017 3500 megacab in on the Gladiator. I pull my boat on the weekends about 60 miles or so round trip and it weighs about 5k. I really had no need for a big diesel. The gladiator is so much smoother going down the road than the one ton was too. Hopefully I'll not miss the space in the truck, so far I love it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@steffen707
I went the other way too. I traded my 2017 3500 megacab in on the Gladiator. I pull my boat on the weekends about 60 miles or so round trip and it weighs about 5k. I really had no need for a big diesel. The gladiator is so much smoother going down the road than the one ton was too. Hopefully I'll not miss the space in the truck, so far I love it.
Yeah, i don't think i'd like parking a full size truck every day. Glad to hear others agree.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
The interior space of the f150 is one of the reasons I’m still thinking about a Raptor. I’d might have pulled the trigger already if the dealers around here were willing to give better discounts.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The interior space of the f150 is one of the reasons I’m still thinking about a Raptor. I’d might have pulled the trigger already if the dealers around here were willing to give better discounts.
yeah, pretty spacious for 5 wisconsin guys to go to a ball game and tailgate.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I drove 3 hours away from home to pick up my Gladiator in my 2016 F-150 Supercrew with my wife in the front seat and three kids in the rear. The whole drive to the dealership, I was thinking about how comfortable it was. Spacious, seats worn in, A/C seats and kids all sprawled out in the back seat. When we picked up the Gladiator, they immediately started whining about how small it was back there compared to the F-150 and also the wind noise (80 mph on a Texas highway plus a windy day outside). About halfway home, my back started hurting because the seat wasn't near as soft and broken in yet. But when I woke up the next day and took the freedom panels off and rolled the windows down, it reminded me why I wanted a Jeep in the first place and I immediately forgot about all that other stuff. The kids have even come around and said they enjoy it even though it has less room because the like the attention and how open it feels. I'm sure the more I drive it, the leather will get softer and broken in but I sure am going to miss those cooled seats.

Sponsored

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
I got a Ram Rebel, solid truck, but don't need to tow anymore (or so I'm told)

Remember, Gladiator's are pricey because they're convertible trucks; make the top, doors and windows fixed and the price drops

I'd be curious about backseat comfort as well, though I hardly have people in the back as well

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I went from a F-150 Supercrew to the JLU/JT vehicles. In terms of rear seat space and room, obviously there is no contest. The Jeep feels like a sardine can compared to the Ford. The F-150 is WAYYYYY more comfortable.

But, the size that makes the F-150 so comfy is also what makes it not fit in my garage, get 15 MPGs on a good day, impractical for an offroad trail through the woods, and a pain in the a$$ to park in a parking lot or parking structure. Honestly, I don't miss the F-150. Haven't missed it since I traded it off.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Two things I miss on the F-150 SCrew I traded:
Room in the back seat
36 gal gas tank.
Other than that the JT is SOOOO much more fun and nimble, no contest!!
FordVsJeep.JPG
Nice shot!

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
The kids have even come around and said they enjoy it even though it has less room because the like the attention and how open it feels.
It is definitely an attention wh0re fo sho :CWL:. Not to mention I have the red LE...

I haven't really driven much cuz I have been so busy, every time I have parked it so far people have walked up to me to have a look around and I get a lot of stupefied stares like Whoa and a thumbs up!! LOL
Sponsored