First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport; 2011 & 2012 Unlimited Jeeps
Occupation
Govt
This is alot of discussion on a thread called "ARB Twin Setups.. I need ideas!!", with regards to Air Compressors, with mouthing options. While there is a good discussion going on within that thread, I wanted to get more visibility on Fabrication options, and gain more ideas on a coupler setup, so I decided to open a new thread.

I was thinking if there was a way to replace the plate on the front part of the hood (ie look at my thumbnail pic and/or pic I added.) with a fabricated piece that had a coupler and the PSI Gauges right there.

Then if it's bad weather, Rain, Snow, Sleet, Muddy, etc., you are fine.... If that does exist, could someone post pics/links/etc.

Thx in advance,
Kent @ OKC

Snorkel Faceplate.jpg
Sponsored

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I haven't seen any commercially available, the closest I've seen is from the Jeep Gladiator Wayout concept build.

Jeep Gladiator Fabrication - Air Compressor Coupler - Thinking Outside the Box 1620677803643

More details here https://www.topspeed.com/cars/jeep/2019-jeep-gladiator-wayout-concept-ar185138.html (edited to remove link from banned site)

I'm not sure how big the market would be but it would be interesting if someone put this together with an install kit and color matched cowl. More likely something that you would have to custom fabricate but it would be cool and unique. Good luck!

mellendic

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT Security Researcher
I haven't seen any commercially available, the closest I've seen is from the Jeep Gladiator Wayout concept build.

Jeep Gladiator Fabrication - Air Compressor Coupler - Thinking Outside the Box 1620677803643

More details here https://www.topspeed.com/cars/jeep/2019-jeep-gladiator-wayout-concept-ar185138.html (edited to remove link from banned site)

I'm not sure how big the market would be but it would be interesting if someone put this together with an install kit and color matched cowl. More likely something that you would have to custom fabricate but it would be cool and unique. Good luck!
I would be interested in that... it would save opening the hood... currently I have the fender mount and the relocation kit, which I like a lot.. but that's really cool

IMG_0743.JPEG

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt

1620677803643.png

Perfect; what I was looking for.. I will get with my Jeep Custom Body shop to see if they can come up with some ideas.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Check with Mopar for the electric plug outlet for the XE jeeps, it is in the exact same spot and has a cover, not sure if it is avalible yet. I think it is on the Jeep website....Jack

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry
Perfect; what I was looking for.. I will get with my Jeep Custom Body shop to see if they can come up with some ideas.
I believe @eight13design is waiting to get his hands on the cowl for the new 4Xe to see if he could easily rig up an air connection and switch plate. I really like the work I've seen from him and have high hopes for what he can come up with there.

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
I believe @eight13design is waiting to get his hands on the cowl for the new 4Xe to see if he could easily rig up an air connection and switch plate. I really like the work I've seen from him and have high hopes for what he can come up with there.
Where I go in OKC, the owner is getting a 4xe on Friday; he said he would look at it and let me know.

He did say he believes only the driver side has the plate, but will look into it too.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Following. I've been wanting to add air, and this is exactly where I wanted to put it. I believe (if my memory serves me correctly) @Kindafearless made their own setup in this location that looks pretty good.

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
Following. I've been wanting to add air, and this is exactly where I wanted to put it. I believe (if my memory serves me correctly) @Kindafearless made their own setup in this location that looks pretty good.
Do you have a link or pic for Kindafearless

Bhadfield's pic above shows an option too, but I like the 4xe idea, as it has a cover plate and you potentially resolve an issue of others walking by and messing with it... Got teenagers, so I think from that viewpoint too

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
So i just mounted the coupler and the gauge, no electrical outside since that’s just asking for trouble.

This is my version 2:

Jeep Gladiator Fabrication - Air Compressor Coupler - Thinking Outside the Box BFA20601-5453-48B3-B717-1702483CB6C4

Jeep Gladiator Fabrication - Air Compressor Coupler - Thinking Outside the Box 55EE71B5-F7DB-4AB3-996A-B6074F1579DE

Mounted an aluminum hub to the pinch seam, and drilled some holes. the hole drilling required some very careful measurements :)

Working on V3, but it will probably be a month or so before I have a prototype out. Biggest change I’m thinking is just moving the hub mount to the cowl itself instead of the seam, and making the holes prettier.

Covers haven’t really been necessary in my opinion. I live east coast, and have driven it through just about everything. Put some graphite in the quick connect half way through winter, about all the maintenance it requires.

Will share the designs when done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
Great Feedback and pics.

It appears you had to drill holes to both the faceplate and the light mounting bracket; see enlarged pic.

Did you by chance save a pic of the stock faceplate that you had to drill into; that's the part I am looking for, as I do not have a Light Mounting Bracket?

I think also with that concept in mind, you could have done passenger side; did you consider both sides before choosing the driver side? Am assuming, just more feasible, as you are driving?

Thank you again

Rubicon Faceplate only.jpg

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I’ve considered both sides, and might after I get my v3 going. Right now, there is plenty of room on my air cord to go between sides :)

My husband has gotten good at airing down and up, so it would be nice to have two full speed outlets. (Rear outlet is regulated)

You are in luck, I took the light cowl off when we got back from our last trip. Don’t mind the missing bolt, fixing a little trail damage.

Jeep Gladiator Fabrication - Air Compressor Coupler - Thinking Outside the Box E7A31037-9612-4AA7-88C0-A8FFF8C3B2E9

OP
OP
Sno4Me

Sno4Me

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Govt
Once I hear back from my body shop and discuss this further, I will relay that and any pics we decide on.

Without a light mounting kit, I've only seen 2 options so far; pics attached.

4xe Cover
Body shop could cut out the holes where the plug-in goes

Wayout Cover
Another option

4xe Cover.jpg

Gladiator Wayout Concept.jpg

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
would be pretty easy for someone with a cad model to 3d print out panel that requires a hole saw and sits on the exiting cowl rather than worry about a full replacement.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Liking these ideas. Following.
Sponsored