Sponsored

Factory Alpine Premium Audio - MB Quart Dash / Soundbar Speakers?

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I have the Alpine Premium Audio with 8.4" screen. Like a lot of people, I'm not all that impressed with the sound quality. After reading up on the subject, my plan was to upgrade the dash corner speakers and the sound bar tweeters with the 3.5" Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C speakers to brighten it up a little. But, it looks like these speakers are on back order everywhere I've looked.

Has anyone used the MB Quart JC1-108 3.5" speakers for the dash corners or soundbar? About 15 years ago I used some MBQ 6.5" component speakers in my WRX and I loved them. I'm just not sure where MBQ stands these days. I'm not really up to date on car audio, so I figured I would ask here.

These are the MB Quart speakers that are supposedly "tuned" for the JL/JT:
https://mbquart.com/shop/mobile/mob...sh-or-rear-soundbar-coaxial-speakers-upgrade/

Thanks in advance for the help,
Jeff
Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Yes, I changed the dash speakers out and put the 6x9s in the bar. I think it sounds pretty good.

OP
OP
jac04

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

I ended up installing 3.5" Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx speakers in both the dash and sound bar.

Wow, a huge difference. These speakers really brightened up the sound. I can now hear the highs much better and I'm fairly happy with the way it sounds now. I wish the bass was a little crisper, but I guess that's a project for another time.

Docharrison

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT
Occupation
RN
Yes, I changed the dash speakers out and put the 6x9s in the bar. I think it sounds pretty good.
How hard was the 6x9 conversion in the soundbar? I'm thinking about Infinity Kappa 3 ways

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
How hard was the 6x9 conversion in the soundbar? I'm thinking about Infinity Kappa 3 ways
Not too bad, you have to dremel or cut up your sound bar for the 6x9s to fit.

Sponsored

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
I personally would NOT go through the trouble of replacing the soundbar speakers without upsizing them; the stock size/3.5-inch is TERRIBAD and regardless of the manufacturer you're not going to get full range sound without a full range sound-sized speaker, like a legit 6.5-inch. Buy this SSV adapter from Crutchfield (they also have the Metra wiring harness) and REALLY upgrade your system for what it should have came with, at least size wise, for starters. This was one area they really took a step backwards from the JK platform...

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_327JTSA065/SSV-Works-JJT-SA065.html

tcracing

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Sales
UPDATE:

I ended up installing 3.5" Infinity Reference REF-3032cfx speakers in both the dash and sound bar.

Wow, a huge difference. These speakers really brightened up the sound. I can now hear the highs much better and I'm fairly happy with the way it sounds now. I wish the bass was a little crisper, but I guess that's a project for another time.
Did you use the Metra Wiring harness with these? Looking at replacing my dash speakers.

OP
OP
jac04

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you use the Metra Wiring harness with these? Looking at replacing my dash speakers.
Sorry for the late reply. I've been away from all electronic devices for a week. Anyhow, yes, I used the Metra adapters.

tcracing

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' JTR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Sales
Sorry for the late reply. I've been away from all electronic devices for a week. Anyhow, yes, I used the Metra adapters.
No worries...Thanks for the info. Are you still happy with the Infinity speakers?

OP
OP
jac04

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No worries...Thanks for the info. Are you still happy with the Infinity speakers?
Yes, I'm really happy with the dash speakers and roll bar speakers. The only downside is that the midbass and bass are still lacking in clarity. It sounds 1000x better than the factory setup (IMO), but I may eventually try to go to 6.5" speakers in the sound bar to get better sound quality

I have a 2014 JKR with the factory premium audio and the following upgrades: Infinity 6032 6.5" speakers in the sound bar, upgraded the sub to a Pioneer TS-SW2002D2, changed the dash tweeter capacitors to brighten it up a little, and fully dynamatted the sound bar & sub enclosure. The JK still sounds better than the JT due to better midbass and bass.

If I can get the JT to sound as good as my JK by upgrading the soundbar speakers, then I will be happy.

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Yes, I'm really happy with the dash speakers and roll bar speakers. The only downside is that the midbass and bass are still lacking in clarity. It sounds 1000x better than the factory setup (IMO), but I may eventually try to go to 6.5" speakers in the sound bar to get better sound quality

I have a 2014 JKR with the factory premium audio and the following upgrades: Infinity 6032 6.5" speakers in the sound bar, upgraded the sub to a Pioneer TS-SW2002D2, changed the dash tweeter capacitors to brighten it up a little, and fully dynamatted the sound bar & sub enclosure. The JK still sounds better than the JT due to better midbass and bass.

If I can get the JT to sound as good as my JK by upgrading the soundbar speakers, then I will be happy.
I finally took the plunge on my base system and replaced the Infinity 3032's in the sound bar with Infinity Kappa 62ix's and it was a big improvement.

OP
OP
jac04

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally took the plunge on my base system and replaced the Infinity 3032's in the sound bar with Infinity Kappa 62ix's and it was a big improvement.
I've been doing a little research on changing the sound bar speakers to 6.5s, but I'm a little confused (I'm really more of a mechanical person than an electrical/audio person). The factory Alpine Premium Audio system has a 3.5" tweeter and a 4" midrange speaker on each side.

If I replace both of these speakers with a 6.5" 2-way speaker (like the Kappa 62ix), then what factory wires do you connect it to?

If I install 6.5" component speakers, do I simply wire the 3.5" tweeter to the factory tweeter wiring and the larger 6.5" speaker to the factory 4" speaker wiring?

Reactions: mog

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
I just got the 3.5 kenwood speakers from crutchfield after waiting almost 2 months and installed them in the dash corners. Sound quality has improved and will probably get a set for the soundbar. I have the 7" screen tho.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I’ll buy any used Alpine 4” sound bar speakers you have. IM me

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I personally would NOT go through the trouble of replacing the soundbar speakers without upsizing them; the stock size/3.5-inch is TERRIBAD and regardless of the manufacturer you're not going to get full range sound without a full range sound-sized speaker, like a legit 6.5-inch. Buy this SSV adapter from Crutchfield (they also have the Metra wiring harness) and REALLY upgrade your system for what it should have came with, at least size wise, for starters. This was one area they really took a step backwards from the JK platform...

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_327JTSA065/SSV-Works-JJT-SA065.html
Very true. I learned the hard way. Also you can find the SSV adapters usually on ebay.
Sponsored