First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
hello guys, I'm still trying to figure out we’re is factory Aux Switches. The switch indicator lights come on and the switches are configurable and it is working good, but I don’t know we’re is fuse and relay. Does anyone know where is the factory Aux Switch relays and fuses are? wire 1, 2, 3, & 4,

Thanks for any info you might have.
Sponsored

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
The fuses are in the fuse box, the relays in the power distribution center (I think). The wires under the hood are tucked between the battery (if 3.6L) and the side of the engine bay (not sure about diesel). The wires under the dash are above the passenger's left foot.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
hello guys, I'm still trying to figure out we’re is factory Aux Switches. The switch indicator lights come on and the switches are configurable and it is working good, but I don’t know we’re is fuse and relay. Does anyone know where is the factory Aux Switch relays and fuses are? wire 1, 2, 3, & 4,

What bd100 said..........
Don't go messing with the fuses unless it's just to replace bad ones because they are sized for the wiring and relay capability. Don't increase any fuse size.
Not sure why you need to know the relay placement but if you look at the inside of the lid for the fuse panel, it gives fuse and relay information right in front of you.

The wires are often wrapped up and hard to recognize. There will be 4 between battery and right fender with the gas engine (like already said) and there will be 6 inside (although I have yet to find my inside ones as they are hidden and wrapped up so well I've not yet found 'em)
There's the 4 for the switches, then an ignition sourced wire and a battery sourced wire, both fuses at 10 amps if I recall correctly.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase

The relay box is on the driver side next to the coolant reservoir.
Jeep Gladiator factory Aux Switches D4922A47-FCD6-42C6-9533-648128E639CD

The fuses are behind the engine cover on the passenger side.
Jeep Gladiator factory Aux Switches 20E0A604-B78A-48FB-A267-71F1CD392CEF

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
There are ground studs in the engine bay near the aux wires, and also in the foot well inside by the right passenger's foot, but I guess you have to remove some trim to get to the inside ones.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The relay box is on the driver side next to the coolant reservoir.
D4922A47-FCD6-42C6-9533-648128E639CD.jpg

The fuses are behind the engine cover on the passenger side.
20E0A604-B78A-48FB-A267-71F1CD392CEF.jpg
It is?
Not on mine. I've got my plow wiring there. (the aluminum bracket with the relays on it is what I installed for the plow)
My aux relays are in the fuse panel - spelled out in the fuse map under the cover of the PDC.

Jeep Gladiator factory Aux Switches 1676869632984

These are relays for my snow plow lighting operation -
Jeep Gladiator factory Aux Switches 1676870249562

And my factory aux switch fuses are in the fuse panel - with the relays.

Jeep Gladiator factory Aux Switches 1676869843816

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
It is?
Not on mine. I've got my plow wiring there. (the aluminum bracket with the relays on it is what I installed for the plow)
My aux relays are in the fuse panel - spelled out in the fuse map under the cover of the PDC.

1676869632984.png

These are relays for my snow plow lighting operation -
1676870249562.png

And my fuses are in the fuse panel -

1676869843816.png

NOW THIS IS INTERESTING

I installed my MOPAR auxiliary switches. I just assumed aux switches are the same from the factory and self/dealership installed.

What Trim Level is your JT?

Last edited:

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
There are ground studs in the engine bay near the aux wires, and also in the foot well inside by the right passenger's foot, but I guess you have to remove some trim to get to the inside ones.
the ones on the inside are easy to access and no trim removal necessary. They are further to the left side of the passenger footwell and are taped up really well so theyre kinda hidden and sneaky. But down there there are the 4 aux wires but also a 10A always hot wire and a 10A ignition on wire.

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
Yea, I was referring to the grounding studs on the side of the passenger foot well near the door, behind the trim. I wish they had made those easier to get at.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
NOW THIS IS INTERESTING

I installed my MOPAR auxiliary switches. I just assumed aux switches are the same from the factory and self/dealership installed.

They have the same function, but the actual hardware and placement is different with a factory install. The two hot wires under the dash are also only included with the factory setup.

Sponsored

OP
OP
yrwins

yrwins

First Name
Yrwins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Occupation
IT
i find the answer thank you.

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
NOW THIS IS INTERESTING

They're definitely not. I did this install on my Gladiator, and mine are visible from the engine bay (like in pic). My wife's Wrangler came with them from the factory, and her PDC and fuses are nowhere to be seen. They hide them away elsewhere at the factory.
Sponsored