Sponsored

Factory Rolling Tonneau - Water Pooling?

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Has anyone with the factory Mopar rolling tonneau cover had problems with water pooling in a few spots between the crossbars? If so - any ideas for fixes or a way to tighten the cover up some? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Bump haha. Guess I'm the only one with the problem.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Bumping this, myself. Have noticed it since installing the tonneau.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine secondhand from someone who had it on their launch edition. From day one it’s had some water pooling after heavy rain but I’ve never had an issue where it leaked into the bed, even when rolling it up it always just pours out the sides over the edge of the bed.

I think of it is just part of how it’s designed since it’s soft with very little internal support.

Overall I think it’s the best Tano cover of all of them so it’s one of those small things I’ve just learned to live with and ignore. Ive had mine for close to two years now and the pooling hasn’t noticeably increased.

Also as a note the snow does sit on top of it but I’ve never noticed it stretch the fabric. If I am removing the snow from the cover I just make sure to use the bristle side of my Snowbrush.

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
... Florida rain has caused puddles to begin gathering between the braces. Drives me nuts and I wipe it away when I see it .. OCD stuff .. Love the look and have no plans on changing the cover over this water issue ...

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Never had a tonneau cover that didn't do this. I've installed literally 100's of tonneau covers over the last 2 decades, and never saw one that doesn't pool up in between the crossbars. It's going to happen more frequently in the warmer months when the vinyl is soft, but I doubt you'll ever get away from it. It happens so often in FL, that I've had birds show up in my driveway to take a bath.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
I got mine secondhand from someone who had it on their launch edition. From day one it’s had some water pooling after heavy rain but I’ve never had an issue where it leaked into the bed, even when rolling it up it always just pours out the sides over the edge of the bed.

I think of it is just part of how it’s designed since it’s soft with very little internal support.

Overall I think it’s the best Tano cover of all of them so it’s one of those small things I’ve just learned to live with and ignore. Ive had mine for close to two years now and the pooling hasn’t noticeably increased.

Also as a note the snow does sit on top of it but I’ve never noticed it stretch the fabric. If I am removing the snow from the cover I just make sure to use the bristle side of my Snowbrush.

Yeah... no leaking here, either (also got mine second hand... and it's remained dry inside) Just have had tents, over the years, that had the same issue... and it always resulted in a failure, at some point. Usually when I was inside it... *grin*

I imagine the slight sledding of the vehicle doesn't help any, either... *shrug*

Oh well, as long as it remains try, I guess I'll ignore it.

Thanks!

~ Casp
Sponsored